Bank charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Princebytor

Re: Bank charges

Post by Princebytor »

I have been using Lloyds International (IOM based) for my Euro and dollar accounts. It costs £8 per month but they don't charge anything for the use of my debit card (probably approx 300 transactions per year). They do charge for cash withdrawals but I use my Nationwide account for that when drawing cash in Cyprus as NW don't charge for cash point use. There maybe better options out there since I started with Lloyds in 2015 but it works for me.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Can you double check please about Nationwide NOT charging for ATM use here in Cyprus.. I believe that they have been charging for a few years now.. Maybe others can answer this
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In fact I can answer my own Question ... This is from an article in October last Year

NATIONWIDE is to start charging more for using its debit cards abroad.

Millions of customers with the world's biggest building society will now pay 2.75 per cent interest on card purchases and cash withdrawals, up from 2 per cent.

The new rules will apply from Monday, October 8.

It means that if you want to spend £100 on the card abroad, it will actually cost you £102.75.

If you want to withdraw cash, it will cost you an extra £1 on top of that because Nationwide charges an extra fee for withdrawing cash abroad.

So Princebytor it would seem you have been paying already to use your Nationwide card in ATM's here in Cyprus
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:08 pm In fact I can answer my own Question ... This is from an article in October last Year

NATIONWIDE is to start charging more for using its debit cards abroad.
But bizarrely, we have a N/W 'Cash Reward' credit card which still gives you the best exchange rate whenever you use it ... but not for cash withdrawals obviously!! :D
J B
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We used to have our pensions paid into Nationwide, and withdrew them at this end from an ATM.
But that stopped when they started making charges a good few years ago
Trev..
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Hi Sadie- Not sure, all I can say is that I use the debit card for utilities,cyta,etc through JCC Smart and do on line payments to quite a few other service providers and no one yet has come back complaining that they have been short paid, so I would assume that fees are not being deducted at the other end.

Thanks for the tip off on NW , due over in December so I'll have to watch that.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You can make transfers, FOC using a Revolut card, up to £5,000 per month.... past that, it’s .5% commission
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

If you can do the transaction on-line, I think the current BoC charges for euro transfers to non-BoC account are in the region of €3 or €5 per transaction below €10000.
If you can get onto your Cyprus bank's web page, they should have a list of current charges.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol: