Anyone help with a few questions on Yellow Slip application please.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dpng

Anyone help with a few questions on Yellow Slip application please.

Post by dpng »

Hello,
I am looking for some clarification on what I need to do to get my application ready for the interview for the Yellow slip which I have booked in December. My wife and I have UK passports and have owned a property in Paphos for some time visiting briefly each year until 2017 when I retired and we have been increasing the number and length of visits from then.
I have my original marriage certificate with me now in Cyprus but the marriage was conducted in UK and the checklist provided from the immigration says that I need an Apostille for the marriage certificate. Does anyone know what this entails and how I go about getting it?
My original Title Deeds are currently in the UK but I have pdfs that I can print-out here in Cyprus. The man at the immigration reception said that these would be ok to submit provided that they are stamped. I am not sure what stamp is required. If it is from the solicitor then I can visit them in Paphos, but I’m not sure if this is what is needed or if I need a stamp from some other authority. Does anyone have some information on this please?
Regards,
Derek.
Cookie

Re: Anyone help with a few questions on Yellow Slip application please.

Post by Cookie »

This explains how to get your marriage certificate apostilled:

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Last I heard it was no longer a requirement.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
dpng

Post by dpng »

Many thanks for the replies. I had thought the apostille was something to be done in Cyprus but now I understand. I also contacted Gwenny's who provided a requirements list that indicated that an apostille is not required in the case of a UK marriage certificate.
Best wishes,
Derek