First Time Visit to Nicosia Immigration Office

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

First Time Visit to Nicosia Immigration Office

Post by galexinda »

Hoping someone can help me with the procedure at Nicosia Immigration Office as I need to change some information that was incorrectly recorded when I originally registered for residency in 2004 and it is now affecting my healthcare status with GESY (unable to get access to a well woman check up as I am recorded as being a male). Paphos Immigration Office tried to alter it earlier in the year but have since been informed it has to be done from the Head Office.

I am aware of the location and open times, just that it would be helpful to know if there is one reception area or if I have to find a particular department on arrival.

I had hoped the information could be updated without the necessity of a visit to Nicosia but telephones and emails go unanswered by myself and other GESY staff who have tried to help.

Many thanks.
Jim B

Re: First Time Visit to Nicosia Immigration Office

Post by Jim B »

You go up to the first floor there's an information desk and they will direct you to the correct window. If memory serves me right, you turn to the left and it's the first window.on the left.
We usually parked in a parking area by the Anglican Church as parking at Immigration is limited, it's then a five minute walk.

Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

Where exactly are these offices in Lemessos?
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Leave plenty of time as it is easy to be directed to the wrong window and each window normally has a large queue so it takes a while to find out you may be in the wrong one! I'm a very friendly and patient person who usually has no problem at all with government offices but have found some pretty rude and uncooperative staff at Nicosia.

Good luck and hopefully it will be sorted quickly.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jeanne

Believe me it's improved immensely over the years especially since they moved from the old Colonial Buidings. They all scored a perfect ten for rudeness and you just had to grin and bear it.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this thread - really appreciate the useful information.

I see the office is open from 8am - 3 pm on weekdays so plan to get an early intercity bus to Nicosia. If I leave there early there may even be some time to go to the Mall for some retail therapy.

HIC - I will learn a few Greek phrases that may be useful for this particular visit. Just hope a smile and positive outlook will get the desired result.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:48 am They're in Nicosia.
I really must read the title of the thread. Notwithstanding my goof, is there an Immigration Office in Lemessos,and if so where is it?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:09 am A google search brings this up:

http://www.police.gov.cy/police/police. ... enDocument
Now I am confused as the above link gives this address:
Nicosia:
Address : 6 Agamemnonos, Egkomi, 2411, Nicosia

Tel.: 22-802332 / 22-802353 / 22-802341
Working Hours : 07:30 – 14:30

Whereas another search gives this address:

Address: Civil Registry and Migration Department, Chilonos Str., 1457 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: 22804486
Open: 0800 - 1500

Can someone please confirm which is the correct location?

Thank you.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Can I suggest a phone call
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 am Can I suggest a phone call
Not having any success with the phones so far - looks as if I'll have to ask someone to go to the Paphos office to find out!
boycott

Post by boycott »

Galexinda, have a look at this link for the Limassol Immigration Office, I found them very helpful for my MEU3, didn't need an appointment and very little waiting and the lady that deals with MEU3's was very pleasant and efficient.

After the application, went back a week later for an official receipt and about 3 weeks later MEU3's arrived by post at my home.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACY ... vBptZO0ddY
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thank you boycott - unfortunately it has to be Nicosia - confirmed by GESY as that is where the central database is located. As Jim B has mentioned parking near the Anglican Church I believe it is the office in Chilonos Street.

The more I look on Google the more places come up! So frustrating as I was told last December the problem had been rectified when I was at Paphos Immigration Office, only to find out my records hadn't been changed when I applied to GESY this year. I have even dug out my brown ARC Alien Book as that is my first proof of residence and having since applied for MEU1 and MEU3 I am rather disappointed that the anomaly wasn't automatically found and corrected. Anyway, I'll enjoy the bus ride!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

This was the correct address for my particular query as confirmed by BHC prior to my visit to Nicosia. Duly caught the intercity bus and it was a short walk from the terminus (less than 500 m).

Address: Civil Registry and Migration Department, Chilonos Str., 1457 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: 22804486
Open: 0800 - 1500

Thanks to Jim B and Lofos-Jan for the information about going up to the first floor (there were posters on the walls giving directions for various nationalities). I went to Desk 4 (Europeans). Short queue and at the desk, my particular query was sorted by 2 members of staff in less than 5 minutes.

Interestingly there were individuals and agents and everyone queued properly and was seen in order.
The staff were polite, efficient and very helpful.
The agents were helping everyone eg making sure each person was in the correct queue, answering various questions, taking individuals to other areas etc.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It sounds like you had a reasonably good experience there. i assume it was more spacious than the pokey hole at Paphos
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

SUCCESS!!

Two weeks since I visited Nicosia Immigration Office and I have just been informed by GESY that my medical records have now been updated.

Well worth the visit - have found over the years that ''face to face'' is the best method of getting a result.