Armenian Genocide

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Armenian Genocide

Post by WHL »

Well done the USA, after many years of putting the USAs need not to upset Turkey, finally the murder of one and half million Armenians by Ottoman Turks has been recognised,

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... n-genocide
Jim B

Re: Armenian Genocide

Post by Jim B »

There are some excellent documentaries on YouTube about this subject.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:17 pm There are some excellent documentaries on YouTube about this subject.

Jim
I have an Armenian friend, and have heard harrowing stories about how his family fled and made their way to Cyprus, I didnt think the USA would ever take this step, knowing how they have mollycoddled Turkey since the cold war and up to the present day, it seems the tyrant Edorgan, has opened many American lawmakers eyes....another factor was, Turkey pumped many millions of dollars into US university's, such as Princeton, influencing their reports on the Genocide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_W._Lowry
josef k

Post by josef k »

Recognition of the Armenian genocide is long overdue and I can't understand why the UK doesn't stand up and recognise it as well.

I too had an Armenian Cypriot friend who explained it all to me. Hundreds of men, women and children marched naked out of Turkey without food, or anything else for that matter. Thank goodness for the Syrians near the border who rushed to provide them with blankets to keep them warm and cover their modesty.

It is no use pretending it didn't happen. The witness statements are there.
WHL

Post by WHL »

josef k wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm Recognition of the Armenian genocide is long overdue and I can't understand why the UK doesn't stand up and recognise it as well.

I too had an Armenian Cypriot friend who explained it all to me. Hundreds of men, women and children marched naked out of Turkey without food, or anything else for that matter. Thank goodness for the Syrians near the border who rushed to provide them with blankets to keep them warm and cover their modesty.

It is no use pretending it didn't happen. The witness statements are there.
I guess the UK is thinking about its trade deals with Turkey and doesn't want to upset them, but now the U S has recognised the Genocide, other countries wil follow
WHL

Post by WHL »

Termites Dream wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:19 pm WHL

I own up, I do not know much about the Armenian genocide.

I don't think Trump worries about the niceties of diplomacy though, not sure he understands the concept. I suspect the USA has given up on Turkey, and its probably a matter of time before Erdo kicks them out of Incirlik airbase.

Turkey is going to buy Russian Sukhoi fighter aircraft I think, so that will be another nail in the coffin. You never know if the Turks get bogged down in Syria Erdo may get removed.
If you google Hitler and his Armenian speech, you will see that Hitler took inspiration from what the Turks did to the Armenians, and all the evil he was to do to the Jews and others
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Terrible times, man's inhumanity to men, women and children. Driven out into the desert to die by the thousands. The evidence is there.

Jim
josef k

Post by josef k »

Absolutely right HIC. If you look at where there is most racial prejudice in the UK, it is in the rural and provincial areas where there is little mix of people. If you look at the areas where there is a good mix, then there is little prejudice. It is all about fear of the unknown.

But some people like mouse want to be separate. Her choice. No doubt she never has a Chinese or Indian takeaway, only ever listens to music by white British performers. Perhaps she doesn't even eat pasta or drink French wine. I guess eating in a Greek restaurant would be out.

But hang on, I assume mouse lives in Cyprus. One of the most mixed countries as HIC describes. Now I am confused.