Great idea,do as airlines do.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Great idea,do as airlines do.

Post by Chaddy »

We have all done it,we enquire about a flight on line,get the price and think about it.We decide to book it the next day or so and yes the price has gone UP.
Being smart I thought I would learn off that,so I phoned my nephew in the UK who sells window frames and said do as airlines do.When some one ask you for a price for some windows give them the price and if they eccepted it the day after always tell them its gone UP.
His reply..." uncle,is that Cyprus sun finally got to you " He said he would be out of business faster than Linford Christi can do the hundred meters.
Are airlines the only business on the planet that can do this and get away with it :evil:
2QuarterPints

Re: Great idea,do as airlines do.

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Whenever you look for flight prices it is always best to do it using the private ie anonymous version of whatever browser you use. The airline's website will use cookies to identify you otherwise and, knowing that you are particularly interested in a flight, may well increase the price.
WHL

Re: Great idea,do as airlines do.

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:55 am We have all done it,we enquire about a flight on line,get the price and think about it.We decide to book it the next day or so and yes the price has gone UP.
Being smart I thought I would learn off that,so I phoned my nephew in the UK who sells window frames and said do as airlines do.When some one ask you for a price for some windows give them the price and if they eccepted it the day after always tell them its gone UP.
His reply..." uncle,is that Cyprus sun finally got to you " He said he would be out of business faster than Linford Christi can do the hundred meters.
Are airlines the only business on the planet that can do this and get away with it :evil:
No they are not the only ones that do it, Ive had it when booking Hotels, the last few times ive tried to book with wizz air, just when I get to credit card details, it has thrown me off the site, only when I have redone the whole thing again, the fare has gone up by twenty euro,