Road/circulation tax on a double cab?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cookie

Road/circulation tax on a double cab?

Post by Cookie »

Hi All,

I've got the opportunity to get a brand new Nissan Navara Double Cab pickup. Its a 2.3l diesel with emmissions of 235g/km and even with transport costs is much much cheaper than I could get in Cyprus (by 5-6,000 Euros) and so will be looking to bring it when we move over next year as my personal vehicle. What I am confused about is the road/circulation tax that I will need to pay on one of these.

Am I right in thinking that there is 2 parts? - the annual circulation tax based on emmissions (12 Euros per gram up to a max of 1500 euros) + a first registration of 100 Euros.

Then just to confuse things, I've also seen this:
"Vehicles designed to carry goods with a gross weight of less than 3501, that is pick-up trucks and larger vans, the way the tax is calculated has changed. It is now calculated at .05 cents per cc up to 1650cc and .10 cents for 1651cc and above plus the appropriate special fee in each case. A cap of €299 has been reinstated."

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I could expect to pay so I can make a more informed decision as to whether to get it in the UK or wait until I get to Cyprus?

Cookie

ps: seen the previous discussions and will be using as my main vehicle and not for any kind of work as will be (early) retired so will be taxing it on that basis (if it makes any difference?).
Cookie

Re: Road/circulation tax on a double cab?

Post by Cookie »

Yeah, from chatting to a few car people when we were over last week and reading the Ministry pages, the 6 months/6,000km rule is still applicable, hence looking to get something now if I am bringing something over.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I second the recommendation of HIC regarding Alison and Neil at ANW, they were great with the import of our new car over the summer. Getting the vehicle here before the ever moving Brexit date will be key as if it’s coming form a country outside the EU, Customs & Excise will slap VAT on the bill as well as excise duties which has the potential to more than wipe out any savings.

https://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/customs/cust ... enDocument

Ian
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I can't understand how the UK is cheaper, 4 years ago I bought a Qashqia in Cyprus it was about 20% cheaper in Cyprus and had a much higher spec.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

glang3000 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 pm I can't understand how the UK is cheaper, 4 years ago I bought a Qashqia in Cyprus it was about 20% cheaper in Cyprus and had a much higher spec.
I nkow. The original idea was to do exactly that as it was cheaper with better spec to buy new in Cyprus. Its just that the deal on this particular vehicle I've got actually makes it better to buy in the UK and ship it over even if I have to account for VAT!