Clocks back tonight!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Clocks back tonight!

Post by JimX »

Cannot see if any member has posted this, honestly wish they would leave alone, really no point here in my opinion, 2020 will be the last time they say! ?

Now to those 15 electric clock, and the two motors...aaaaaagh
Last edited by JimX on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
emgee

Re: Clocks back tonight!

Post by emgee »

I can't remember where I bought mine from.

Help.

Alan
memory man

Post by memory man »

Summer times ends on Sunday, don’t forget to change your clocks

Summer time ends at 4.00 am on Sunday, and watches and clocks must be moved back one hour.

The change will take effect throughout the European Union.

EU law has required all countries in the bloc to observe daylight saving time, moving clocks forward by an hour on the last Sunday of March and back by an hour on the final Sunday in October.

But under a European Commission proposal adopted in September 2019 and backed by the European Parliament, the European Union plans to stop clock changes in 2021.

Under the new regime, every member state will have the right to choose whether to continue with the daylight saving time throughout the year or keep standard time.

The practice of switching the clocks, also observed in countries such as the United States, was first introduced in World War One to save energy by prolonging evening daylight in summer.

The European Commission proposed in September ending the practice after an EU-wide opinion survey showed a large majority in favour of doing so. The survey generated 4.6 million responses, with 84 percent of respondents wanting to end seasonal clock changes.

A European Parliament report in favour of operating on a single time throughout the year said scientific studies link time changes to diseases of the cardiovascular or immune systems because they interrupt biological cycles, and that there were no longer any energy savings.

https://in-cyprus.com/summer-times-ends ... ur-clocks/
JimX

Post by JimX »

mouse wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:59 pm I assume daylight saving finishes in 2020 and not 2002 ?
Mouse this is what the Muchtar told me last week, this clock turning will end in two year's, if it's 2020 then I will never know...time marches on. :(
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think the actual ruling is that individual countries can decide whether to alter the clock, or not..
Trev..
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

EU laws .... no wonder people want out!
zorbathejock

Post by zorbathejock »

Why change the clock times? Why not go to work/school etc either an hour earlier or later as daylight permits?
J B

Post by J B »

memory man wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:53 pm
Summer time ends at 4.00 am on Sunday, and watches and clocks must be moved back one hour.
So ... at 4am, it moved back to 3am .... my phone does it automatically ...

I woke up at 3.15am this morning, but was it the new time or old? :?:

It's been bothering me all day!!! :lol:
J B