Recommendations for Exterior Emulsion/Coating

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgward

Recommendations for Exterior Emulsion/Coating

Post by Jimgward »

Hi

It's now time for my Villa to be painted - it is plastered with graphiato and wondered if members had any good recommendations for the best paint that is waterproof etc.

Thanks

Jim

PS - Sorry, don't know what other forum to place this in...
Jim B

Re: Recommendations for Exterior Emulsion/Coating

Post by Jim B »

If you go to the paint shop opposite side of the road to the old Carrefoure Supermarket.they will give you some good advice. Very helpful in there.

Jim
Whitts

Post by Whitts »

I’d suggest using Benjamin Moore, Moorelastic paint. I’ve been using it here for the past 13 years and would say it’s the best exterior coating available on the island. You can get it from One Stop DIY, Phillipos DIY or Bambos Charalambis in kissonerga.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Concur re Benjamin Moore, had my villa painted 12 years ago, and to this day the paint has not faded and I can still touch up areas that gather dirt. Cheaper paints available, but you get what you pay for.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I used 1 stop DIY, great service, and you can negotiate discount from list price.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Ditto Moorelastic, flexible and water proof, very long lasting....
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Sadie, I’m no expert but I use this on our boundary walls and have been very happy with it.

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sadie,
I have just had my house painted externally. My builder got the paint from Nikkonikos.
It was Artakryl. It’s made in Greece, is acrylic and is also elastic, but with a water base. The manufacturers guarantee it for 10 yrs. so it must be well suited to southern European countries. Now the work is finished, my house is looking very nice!
Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:52 pm Sadie,
I have just had my house painted externally. My builder got the paint from Nikkonikos.
It was Artakryl. It’s made in Greece, is acrylic and is also elastic, but with a water base. The manufacturers guarantee it for 10 yrs. so it must be well suited to southern European countries. Now the work is finished, my house is looking very nice!
Dee
Hi Dee

I was in One Stop today and was quoted €82.32 for 10 litres of Benjamin Moore Masonary Paint; you wouldn't know the cost of Artakryl please? I need to cover about 360 square metres so need quite a few litres.

Jim
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Apologies for jumping on this thread but looking for recommendations for a painter for both inside and outside work.

Moving to new house and plan to repaint throughout.
I will get a quote from the (good) guy I have used in the past (he used the Nikonikos Acrylic paint) but be good to have other quotes as a balance.

TIA,
John
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I was going to post, that no matter how good the paint, if the painter waters it down too much it is useless.
Been there, regrettably got the Tee shirt
Trev..
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

I'm planning to paint my villa in the spring and after extensive research I've decided (subject to adverse reviews which to date haven't been found) to use Sherwin Williams Loxon paint from SuperHome Center. This paint has a much better spread rate than all the other top acrylics and has had a large number of positive reviews, though mainly in the states.
The paint is now made in Cyprus under licence.
https://www.peletico.com/en/paints/arch ... item/loxon
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Sadie62
As said I was quoted €82.32 for 10 litres of Bejamen Moore yesterday at One Stop.
I'm just on finished insulating and lowering all the external ceilings in our place and we repainted the rooms with Fungitex paint from Nikkonikos, this is supposedly resistant to mould and costs €64 for 9litres.

Jim
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

Morning

A little late to the party for for those looking for a recommendation for a painter we can highly recommend Neil Dobson.

Nice chap, reasonable and does a great job.

Cheers

Darrell
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Thanks Darrell.
Any other recommends please?
Whitts

Post by Whitts »

Can highly recommend Finishing Touch. Very clean and quality workmanship. They deal in all aspects of painting and plastering.
Tel. 99748859 or 99865633