MEU3 application

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: MEU3 application

Post by Devil »

Take as many documents as you can. Better 5 too many than 1 missing. And Yes! Deeds or contract of sale or rent agreement.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Firstly, you need an appointment. This requires a visit, with passports to get the appointment.
We went last week to the actual appointment, which was made about 5 weeks ago. We took 5 years of bank statements, (you can now print off 5 years yourself, I believe). Copy and original passport for both of you. Copy and original utility bill, most recent, copy and original of wedding certificate for both. It does not need apostulated! We were not asked for anything else and the list we were given was either /or. They barely looked at the bank statements! When you go in, go to reception with your appointment slip, you will be given a number. Then you wait, and wait... They call you in order, but a couple of admin officers were spending their time with "fixers" who were going straight in, one after another, while the rank and file waited their turn! Once in it was very quick! We got a receipt for our €20 each, and a receipt for the application and then they took our photo's. All done!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I follow the immigration process on various FB groups and these are the most recent:

Interview time is based on the number you are given when you arrive, even if you have been given an appointment time this is being disregarded.
People have been arriving at 7 am or much later in the morning to avoid long waiting times.
It appears people are being processed with/without appointments and there have been complaints about agents just walking straight through to the interview room (no change there).

This is the latest list of documents required and you make your selection from each of the categories:

If you already have the MEU1 [yellow slip] and have been here for 5 years, then you need to apply for your MEU3 [permanent residency]. Please note the procedure for this has changed in that you can now go down to Immigration with all the following documentation and they will process this whilst you wait [it is not known how long you may have to wait but it means if you go with all your paperwork you only have the one visit to make!]:

- completed MEU3 application - they will give you the simple form to complete when you arrive at Immigration. You can see the form and download copies if you wish [one per applicant] here moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf/All/D1D71A1CD6E43223C2257D2C00459524?OpenDocument
- Yellow slip [MEU1] and copy
-Rental agreement for last 5 years, and copy OR property sale contract and copy, OR title deed and copy
-Utility bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR
-Water or electric bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR
-Bank statements for last 5 years and copy OR
-Social insurance certificate for contributions for last 5 years by month and copy
-Passport and copy
-Marriage certificate and copy
-€20 per person application fee

The full 5 years must be covered by electric, phone, water bills or bank statements - if there is any gap the documents will not be accepted. The original paperwork will be handed back to you at the meeting.

Immigration will take a photograph of you at the time of your visit.

The MEU3 will be posted to you
Varky

Post by Varky »

My wife and I went into Immigration last Thursday with all required documentation. Place was packed. However we were second in the queue at the reception. Got an appointment for next Wednesday and told to arrive at 08.30. I will report back on what occurs after the event.
Varky

Post by Varky »

sadie62 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 pm I thought appointments were no longer required - we have one for middle Nov - but was just going to go in one day this week
So only the most recent utility bill ( 5 years worth no longer needed then? ....they must be relaxing things, but we probably need 5 yrs worth as we're not taking bank statements as I understood it to be 5 yrs worth of EITHER bank statements OR utility.
Sounds like Title deeds is maybe needed if 5yrs worth of either utility or bank statements not supplied
What about proof of Social Insurance/Pension
You need proof of 5 years residence in Cyprus so one utility bill will not suffice. Go to the AIK offices with your latest bill and they will give you a statement of your bills for at least the last 5 years, assuming you have resided there for at least 5 years. That will suffice for Immigration as one of the required documentation requirements.
Varky

Post by Varky »

sadie62 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:20 pm How long after the immigration visit does it take to receive the MEU3 - by the way, what is it ....is it a paper slip or a plastic credit card type with photo on (like UK driving license)
Do you have to wait until the MEU3 is physically received before registering with GESY, or are you given your MEU3 registration number needed to apply for GESY on the day of the immigration appointment
You can register with GESY with an MEU1 plus a UK issued S1 (assuming you are in receipt of a UK state pension).Otherwise unless you are paying Cypriot social insurance payments I don't think you qualify for GESY registration. That is unless you have other qualifying circumstances of which i am unaware.
TandC

Post by TandC »

My understanding is that Meu1s do not expire,whereas the old"pink slips" did.

anyone know a definitive answer. our MEU1 which we are relying on is dated 2008
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The original MU1 (yellow) whicj replaced the Pink Slip expired after 5 years and had an expiry date, this changed to open ended during the transition period as Cyprus was introducing EU legislation.
A word of advice, check the document for spelling mistakes or errors. My wife's MU3a had no signature on it and had to be replaced. My original MU1a had divorcee on it rather than Widower which caused all sorts of problems and I had to go through the whole procedure again even though it was their mistake.

Jim
TandC

Post by TandC »

My Meu1 issued in 2008 has no expiry date so i am assuming it is OK
darrow

Post by darrow »

It sounds as though you already have an appointment. I think just turning up will not do you any good! The admin lady says they are hectic every single day since Brexit! I don't know about social because we have the MeU1, which I forgot to mention, you also need the original and a copy each! Take whatever you think you might need, it's better than waiting then having to go back! Our appointment was between 10 and 2 and we arrived at 10.10a.m. The queue was down the stairs, no seats to be had! I stood for over 2 hours before I finally got a seat. 4 hrs in all, so take a drink! Good luck!
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The MEU 1 and the MEU £ are bothe YELLO a4 size paper. The number on a Cypriot driving licence, the MEU 1 and the MEU 3 are all the same. It is your Cypriot ID number for life.
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

sadie62 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:29 pm But our yellow A4 size yellow papers (acquired in 2004 and have an expiry date of 2010) are MEU 7C (mine) and MEU 4A (hubby's) and I have tried to register with these for GESY and it just keeps saying the number is not recognised...presumably as they have expired Hence not able to register and hence unable to see GESY doctor
Yes as they have expired then that is probably why. May I suggest that you take them with you to the Citizens Service Centre and explain to them.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Unlike the MEU1 interview where the MEU1 Yellow Slip is issued at the end of the interview provided all criteria are met, the MEU3 interview is part of a more stringent process which is checked in Nicosia before the MEU3 is issued and posted out. A few people have reported that they were contacted by Nicosia Immigration Department and had to provide additional information before their MEU3 was issued.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that if you don’t have a current MEU1, maybe you need to get one first. If I was you with your doubts and maybe out of date MEU form, maybe a quick visit to Gwenny’s office might be your best bet. She will know definitively what forms you will need,

Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

sadie62 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:29 pm But our yellow A4 size yellow papers (acquired in 2004 and have an expiry date of 2010) are MEU 7C (mine) and MEU 4A (hubby's) and I have tried to register with these for GESY and it just keeps saying the number is not recognised...presumably as they have expired Hence not able to register and hence unable to see GESY doctor
What have you been using as your health service provider up until now? Registration for and commencement of GESY started in April.

I must say I am flabbergasted that you have waited until 10 days before Brexit before asking all these questions, especially when linked to getting medication, but good luck with getting things sorted out.
Kissos

Re: MEU3 application/Gesy

Post by Kissos »

MEU3
Applied 20 Sept 2019 no appointment waited 3 hrs. It arrived last week from Nicosia no expiry date. Took from us 13 years electric summary (to show different addresses matching other documents without any breaks), passports/copies, MEU1 dated 2008 (no expiry date) and social numbers. We took but didn't need marriage cert, ID cards, medical cards, Alien pink slips (2006), Cypriot driving licences etc. We don't own a property or have a rental agreement but neither were required anyway as we had enough proof.
We are not pensioners though. Didn't apply earlier as had heard the MEU3 had expiry date and with Brexit going on forever thought it may run out lol.
GESY
ARC no same on all documents ie MEU3 and MEU1. My husband and I applied on line before we applied for MEU3.
We had to add the numbers 0500 in front of the ARC no before it would accept it.
Hope the above helps.
Incidently I still needed my brown medical card for my appointment at oncology in Sept even though I had a referral letter from my doctor but didnt for my MRI.
JimX

Post by JimX »

We did have an appointment for this MEU3 some time back, the office was full to the gunnels with all sorts waiting for service, we were called in within minutes had all they needed as per list, they took a photo paid the €20 fee and home within an hour, looks like it pays to make an appointment the MEU3 arrived in our post a few weeks later. As I have posted many times no agent was needed.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Even people who have the correct residency papers have had issues entering their details onto the GESY website, but your situation is compounded because you do not have MEU1 or MEU3 which are the two documents the system recognises for UK Expats.
Varky

Post by Varky »

sadie62 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 am I also tried putting 0500 in front of the ARC, but it says - Must start with '5' or '05' followed by 4-8 numbers . Tried various ways - upper case, lower case, switching first name to last and visa versa, putting 0 and 05 in front of ARC - but just get beneficiary not found
Have you tried putting a space between the 05/5 and the remaining numbers.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Sadie, have you rung GESY on 7000? They are very helpful and may be able to register you from there?