Dentists still out of Gesy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Dentists still out of Gesy

Post by Paphos Life »

DENTISTS participation in the National Health Scheme (Gesy) is still up in the air, their association said on Thursday.In a statement, the association said their understanding is that in any case dentists, if they were to join Gesy, would do so during the second phase of the scheme, starting July 2020....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Dentists still out of Gesy

Post by Kili01 »

I wonder if my dentist will join Gesy. Her dental practice is very successful and her appointment book is always chock a bloc... if Dentists are treated like doctors signed up to Gesy, I heard that they can’t see their private patients.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

I would imagine dentists under gesy, would only cover the very basic treatment if they were to join up, and the rest would have to
be paid for privately ie crowns etc.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

According to the article: ''The situation as it stands is that dental treatments to be offered under Gesy would be restricted to primary prevention, and only for children aged 16 and under''
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

galexinda wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:35 am According to the article: ''The situation as it stands is that dental treatments to be offered under Gesy would be restricted to primary prevention, and only for children aged 16 and under''
That's what my Dentist told me last week, extractions, fillings etc. Would still have to be paid for..

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think until the time comes round next July, we cannot 100% be sure what will be included..
I remember a Pharmacy telling me that you needed to Register with one pharmacy :-( :-(
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ve been with the same dentist here for years. I am happy to continue paying for my dental treatment. No complaints as its much cheaper here than the equivalent treatment would be in the UK.

Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

Just like glasses they used to be cheap here, not now unfortunately dentistry is a lot more expensive, I have used the very same Gentleman since I arrived here, the Laser Clinic in Chlorakas, a good man and reasonable, he also has all the latest equipment, some dentist here do not have...keep smiling :mrgreen:
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dental work is still alot cheaper here then in the UK, I have friends and family who book dental appointments, while they are on holiday here.
WHL

Post by WHL »

After many years I have a dentist which im not nervous about visiting, in fact if we ever go back to the UK to live, I would fly back here just to have my dental work done with him, that's how much I rate him.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lloyd, I wonder if we go to the same dentist? I have been to the same one for years and have had a lot of difficult dentistry in that time, crowns, extractions and also some dental implants. Compared with the costs of having such treatment done by a dentist in the UK, I am glad that I had it done here!
My only experience with trying to book with a Gastroenterologist is at the Blue Cross using the Gesy system - as he who is now with Gesy, is that there is now a 6 week waiting list to see him. Before Gesy, I could get an appt with him within a couple of days..Now he is apparently snowed under with patients, I was told as he is also seeing patients from Limassol.....
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Lloyd,
Yes, I am also a patient with Dr Janet and I agree with everything that you said. It’s only that I now have difficulty getting to Nicosia these days. That was why I was trying to see the local gastroenterologist.
I may have to try to find a way to get to Nicosia, once for a consultation, then probably followed by a visit to the Evangelistria.

Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

Near neighbour to me used a dental surgeon in Nicosia to have a full set on dental implants, the cost well over 20 K too expensive for most normal folks ;o)

Wife and family always used the Dentist Lenia, had a few problems so now use another dentist, always room for improvements, I'll stick with Andros Aspros...excellent.
Jim.