Big state pension rise

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Big state pension rise

Post by galexinda »

PhotoLady wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm I'm 6yrs short and it's not worth me paying additional contributions.... I still have another 5yrs before I can get my pension.
But I do have 12yrs of contributions paid into the SI fund in Cyprus and that's something I need to check up with overseas part of the UK pensions dept.
This may be a useful link: https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/li ... g-overseas
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Thanks!
I filled in the online contact form earlier today as this thread gave me the nudge I needed.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I also worked in the UK and Cyprus. However, the four years I worked here were not enough to qualify for a separate Cypriot pension and the UK told me my UK state pension will be based on my UK contributions only. You may have a different outcome as you are now in the UK.
jeba

Post by jeba »

galexinda wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:05 am I also worked in the UK and Cyprus. However, the four years I worked here were not enough to qualify for a separate Cypriot pension and the UK told me my UK state pension will be based on my UK contributions only. You may have a different outcome as you are now in the UK.
Shouldn´t you be able to at least get your contributions to the Cyriot system refunded? At least that´s how it works for people who worked in Germany but don´t qualify for a German pension.