Uktv media

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Uktv media

Post by Mrblobby »

Has uktv media gone ? No signal at my box and no website.

It’s one I get from holitec for my mag box .

I have sent them an email.
galexinda

Re: Uktv media

Post by galexinda »

A little while ago several suppliers were shut down and I understand this is an ongoing process ie not a ''one-off''. Brian at Computer SOS in Chloraka will be able to give a demo of a system he's been using since January 2018, should you not get uktv media back.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks galexinda , I’m running on my reserve tonight (Roku box) .
Last edited by Mrblobby on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mrblobby wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 pm Has uktv media gone ? No signal at my box and no website.

It’s one I get from holitec for my mag box .

I have sent them an email.
We have been out this evening and I have just put the TV on and we use uktv from Holitec... The channels I have tried are all OK BBC1 BBC2 ITV Quest..

But something has changed... now when I change channels I get the small blue screen for a few seconds but also a loading bar..

I have been experiencing troubles with the programs freezing and repeating recently. i cannot say at the moment if that is any better

Have you tried unplugging and rebooting the system??
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just checked loads of channels and sports in UHD and all seems to be working fine.
Trev..
holitec

Post by holitec »

There was a DNS update earlier today, the MAG box required a re-boot to update the setings.

regards

Digby
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning.

This looks like as Digby says just an update nothing to do with on going legal action, as he says just do a normal reboot and restart, I do not use this particular system but I'm sure the action posted by Digby is probably the answer.

UKTV web page is running this morning. https://www.uktv.co.uk/
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When I switched on this morning there was a message on screen.. I don't recollect exactly what it said, but in effect it was telling me access was denied.
However there were three choices on screen and one of them required you to press the red button, and 'reload' I pressed the Red F1 button on the remote, and all is absolutely fine :-)
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

JimX wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 am Morning.

UKTV web page is running this morning. https://www.uktv.co.uk/
Uktv.co.uk is a different site to uktv.media .

http://www.uktv.media

Still not working.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just for clarity... all my references are to the uktv provided by Holitec.
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Only just tried my mag box , all back to normal now . :D
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Excellent news and pleased to read everything is back to normal. I didn't read elsewhere of anyone having problems and good that Digby also commented. As an aside I find my computer tends to do go a bit off kilter when some Windows 10 updates are installed.

UPDATE: WEDNESDAY @ 1715

Reading about a few other people who are affected on one FB group. Hopefully soon sorted.
Last edited by galexinda on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:28 pm An occasional re-set of the CYTA modem (or is it a router?) often cures some ills.

Speaking of which we had a CYTA engineer come to install a new modem the other day. He first wanted to establish what devices we had, so he could ensure they were compatible with this new, hi-tech modem. He asked if we had a TV box; his expectation being that we would have one. I said yes. He asked if he could see it. He than asked me to turn it on. He then asked me to go into Settings. It was clear he simply wanted to check the device was compatible...it was; and after that he couldn't have cared less that we had a Mag box, or who we were subscribed to. We're now getting 20Mbps download and .81 upload, with a ping of 23.

For years we have had an annoying glitch with our Mag box, whereby it would switch off completely after 5 hours (to the minute) use and this was entirely unconnected with the TV sleep settings. It would also take 2 or 3 false starts before we could get the Mag box operational each time we swtiched it on. SInce the new modem was installed both glitches have completely disappreared, so it was the previous modem which was at fault.
Last week my wife phoned cyta to say she was having a problem getting internet. the operator said I see you have one appliance plugged in right now (kodi box) and you are downloading a film now...... crap they are good, I wonder if they knew what we were having for lunch?
holitec

Post by holitec »

Mrblobby wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:10 am Uktv.co.uk is a different site to uktv.media .

http://www.uktv.media

Still not working.
The web server failed, it is just I have not fixed it yet - any emails still arrive ok though as they use another server.

All the channels and portal in use should be updated now.

Digby