Driving Instructor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sued51

Driving Instructor

Post by sued51 »

Please can anyone recommend a driving instructor who speaks good English?

I have a Filipina carer who has been learning to drive for nearly 3 months, she has her test booked for early December, but I took her out today for the first time for practise (her instructor asked me to do this some time ago but I can only add her to my insurance for a maximum of 2 months and it seems sensible to have more practise nearer to her test) and was quite shocked to see how little she had learned, it also transpires that her instructor is on her phone most of the time she is giving lessons.

This lady is very intelligent but does not appear to be being taught the basics so if I can find someone else to teach her, hopefully she can pass her test first time.

Thank you in advance
mike strand2

Re: Driving Instructor

Post by mike strand2 »

I sympathise with you. I too had wanted my carer to learn to drive. We changed instructors twice before we found one who was actually "teaching". As you said, being on the phone is a huge fault of many instructors. I also took him out around the virtually empty Geriskipou industrial estate in the evenings for practice. He passed at first attempt.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I've sent a PM
P-villas

Post by P-villas »

This is the best driving instructor in Cyprus, his name is Souvlaki -