Kurds Stabed in the Back

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Kurds Stabed in the Back

Post by WHL »

After fighting side by side with the Americans to rid Syria of Isis, Kurdish fighters showed their bravery, and should be commended for their heroism, doing the Wests dirty work, but now the USA dont need the Kurds .....Trump stabs them in the back, by giving the Turks the green light to enter Syria and Finnish the Kurds off, Trump has done some underhand stuff, but this is the lowest of the low
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ish-allies
LouiseCastricum

Re: Kurds Stabed in the Back

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Can you believe there are still people who would vote for Trump.......
Louise :)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, unfortunately! Having had American in-laws and mixed with their friends, the average American has little idea of the rest of the world or interest.. There are exceptions of course where individuals have ether worked abroad or maybe travelled extensively to places outside the USA.
But like many Brits who haven’t travelled much and have no interest in things overseas, some people don’t really care what happens unless it actually affects them.

Be the person in question either Donald or Boris..

Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

This is what Americans do, not just Trump. I don't understand why the rest of the world would trust them. If it wasn't for their massive economy no-one would do business with them.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Termites Dream wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:26 pm Just a matter of time before they left. Trump wants the troops home.
All he had to do was leave some advisers there, the Turks wouldn't dare attack the Kurds with the risk of killing any yanks, unfortunately the poor Kurds are being shafted big time, by Trump, despicable man
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Reminds me of the way the UK treated interpreters.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

My local barber is a Kurd and despises Erdogan. Until this week, he thought they were being protected by the US - he will now be aware of the despicable attitude of Trump and that that the US cares only for the US
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:16 pm Reminds me of the way the UK treated interpreters.
If you are referring to the Afghan interpreters they and their wives and children have now been granted visas to live in UK. It took a long time though, I agree. This only happened in June of this year. Another example of Home Office insensitive approach to such situations
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The man is barking mad.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49966216
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 am The man is barking mad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49966216
The Problem is his decision will cost thousands of more lifes, the Kurds stood and fought Isis, when the West, ducked out, they lost eleven thousand men and women in the fight and had some twenty thousand maimed and injured, Turkey armed Isis and supplied them with aid, and gave them millions of Dollars for cheap oil,,,,now they will be responsible for keeping the Isis fighters in Prisons, how long before Turkey releases them, to help fight the Kurds, thus allowing Isis to regroup and start the fight again, only then there will be no Kurds to do the Wests dirty work, well done Trump, you have played a blinder there.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

A small nuclear bomb dropped in N Syria with a 500 km range of killing would sort the bloody lot of them out! :) Make it so it wipes out Israel, as well; only then would we have peace in the ME. :evil: :evil: Trouble is, they would have to drop it when a strong W wind was blowing, so the fall-out would reach Iran/Iraq and would not affect us. :ugeek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Devil wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:59 am A small nuclear bomb dropped in N Syria with a 500 km range of killing would sort the bloody lot of them out! :) Make it so it wipes out Israel, as well; only then would we have peace in the ME. :evil: :evil: Trouble is, they would have to drop it when a strong W wind was blowing, so the fall-out would reach Iran/Iraq and would not affect us. :ugeek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry but NOT funny at all.
Louise :)
boycott

Post by boycott »

In the BBC article mention by Dominic, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49966216 part of the read says - The US has some 1,000 troops across Syria, but only about two dozen had been pulled out from the border area, according to a senior state department official.

Hardly a mass retreat!
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 am In the BBC article mention by Dominic, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49966216 part of the read says - The US has some 1,000 troops across Syria, but only about two dozen had been pulled out from the border area, according to a senior state department official.

Hardly a mass retreat!
These two dozen, are what is stopping, the Turks, attacking the Kurds
boycott

Post by boycott »

Yeah right WHL, so the mighty Turkish army is stopped by 24 US military!
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:30 am Yeah right WHL, so the mighty Turkish army is stopped by 24 US military!
In a word yes, It would be suicide for Turkey to attack Kurds whilst they have American advisers amongst them, take the Americans out of the equation and the Turks have a green light to do what they please.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -uncertain?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/269895
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 amThe man is barking mad.

I called him stupid a few months ago (on one of the Trump threads in the Political section), to which you responded that if he were stupid, how come he was elected President of the USA ;)

He is both stupid and mad. And best got rid of. ASAP.
I apologise whole heartedly for that comment, I take it back, it seems a lunatic can indeed become the leader of the USA
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 amThe man is barking mad.

I called him stupid a few months ago (on one of the Trump threads in the Political section), to which you responded that if he were stupid, how come he was elected President of the USA ;)

He is both stupid and mad. And best got rid of. ASAP.
There's stupid and pretending to be stupid. A lot of BJ's antics are examples of the latter.

But that quote...

Mad...
Robert

Post by Robert »

Looks like Turkey have started already https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49983357
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Worrying! :( :(