Looking for a 2 night break at Christmas

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Looking for a 2 night break at Christmas

Post by kansas »

We'd like to book somewhere for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day nights and are looking for recommendations.

We're not really fussed about Gala Night Dinner and Dances, and prefer somewhere small and cosy if possible, maybe in one of the villages. Ideally we would like the accommodation to either have a good restaurant, or one within walking distance close by.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
PhotoLady

Re: Looking for a 2 night break at Christmas

Post by PhotoLady »

We stayed in Kakopetria several years ago with some other friends of ours and really enjoyed it.
It's a big enough village to have plenty of places to eat and drink but still small enough to explore on foot.
We stayed at the Linos Inn - I think we booked it through one of the Cyprus Daily Deals voucher offers.

There's an article here about the village and surroundings:
https://mycyprusinsider.com/the-great-o ... akopetria/

If it's still there, the village has an Argentinian restaurant but I guess it will be "Cyprus" style....

And here's a link to some photos of our "wanderings": https://www.flickr.com/photos/cypruspic ... 5533726282
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

We have just spent two lovely nights in a village house in Vasa, in a good location and we ate in the village restaurant which was very nice and the guy who owned it also rented out accommodation. If interested I will pm you details of where we stayed.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks Sandra. Yes please, could you PM the details.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

The Apokryfo in Lofou has been very good in the past (haven’t been for a few years) but I’m not sure if it’s open over Christmas
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It’s best to be careful if you are thinking of renting a house over Christmas, particularly in the mountains where it can be really cold. I wouldn’t think of going anywhere in winter here unless it has central heating and a fireplace. Many Cypriot houses, quaint though they may b e as summer tourist rentals have no heating, and may be poorly insulated and be draughty as well. Better go for a cosy small hotel which has heating and is warm and comfortable and someone does the cooking!
Also a lot of tourist places and village tavernas may close for several months in the winter. So check what will be open, if you can.
Dee
Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks Dee. We've lived here for many years so we won't be going anywhere that's not been checked out. We've stayed in Lofou and Kakopetria in the past and are hopeful of finding somewhere new. Thanks for all the comments.