Macmillan Coffee mornings

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgym

Macmillan Coffee mornings

Post by Jimgym »

There will be one held at RSS in Peyia and also one at Frog and Toad in Coral Bay, from 10am Friday 27 September. I have been busy baking so get yourselves along and support a worthwhile cause!
Last edited by Jimgym on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray in Goudi

Re: Macmillan Coffee mornings

Post by Ray in Goudi »

What date is it this year?
emgee

Post by emgee »

I went to RSS last year and at the time I was there, I was the only male present and was completely ignored by all the women present. I won a bottle of wine for my turning-up though. I have spoken to another organisation having a similar coffee morning and was told that no males turned up last year at their morning either. Come on men!

Alan
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oops should have said it’s tomorrow. Friday 27th September. That’s a shame Alan. Hopefully more men will come along and lend support
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I missed reading the Forum yesterday & have obviously missed it. They provided wonderful support for my daughter last year so would love to have gone along. I hope they raised a good amount/ Well done those who baked & organised the event.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Thanks Mike. I know the ladies who organised the Frog &Toad event raised €500. RSS raised a whopping €1085 which is amazing. Very well done to everyone who helped and all who supported the events. It is very much appreciated.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

This is the first year when I could only find coffee mornings on 27th September whereas in previous years some were held around the date of the ''official coffee morning'' which gave people more of a chance to attend one, or in my case go to a few. Hopefully this will happen on future occasions.