ANPR Cameras

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

ANPR Cameras

Post by WHL »

Whilst sitting at a Larnaca road side cafe this morning, enjoying a nice cappuccino and croissant, a police car pulls up opposite, with ANPR cameras on the back, then half a dozen police men were standing about a hundred yards further down the road, well with in minutes car after car was being stopped and the police were writing tickets, they were not inspecting the cars, so im guessing it was for road tax or insurance matters, I was there for about forty minutes and by the amount of drivers that had tickets issued to them, the finances of the Republic will be richer today.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: ANPR Cameras

Post by Devil »

40 minute coffee break? I'm lucky if I can find 10 minutes and that often at my desk! :)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:01 pm 40 minute coffee break? I'm lucky if I can find 10 minutes and that often at my desk! :)
Nothing like having some breakfast by the side of the beach, I did ask my wife if our car insurance was up to date before moving off.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Car insurance companies usually send you a reminder. I have just paid mine this morning (ouch)
The road tax you get months of time to get that done. I am not sure how you would go on if your MOT was a day out of date here..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:39 pm Car insurance companies usually send you a reminder. I have just paid mine this morning (ouch)
The road tax you get months of time to get that done. I am not sure how you would go on if your MOT was a day out of date here..
Trev the way the Police were stopping and writing out tickets, there must of been a few who ignored the reminders
daveg

Post by daveg »

Re MOT reminder, I've received a text about 4 weeks before MOT due from the Transport Dept.....
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Devil wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:01 pm 40 minute coffee break? I'm lucky if I can find 10 minutes and that often at my desk! :)
Then you are doing something wrong with your life. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The trouble is, without a quicker turnover in the courts, a lot of these tickets will just disappear. They really need to set up some dedicated Traffic Courts, so that judges can get through them without clogging up the rest of the system. It would more than pay for itself.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:37 am The trouble is, without a quicker turnover in the courts, a lot of these tickets will just disappear. They really need to set up some dedicated Traffic Courts, so that judges can get through them without clogging up the rest of the system. It would more than pay for itself.
Could these tickets be on the spot fines, with points , where they dont go to court, if the person pays up within say fourteen days?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well that is what the existing system is. But all that happens is that people don't pay and the fines end up in court, where they seem to get swallowed.