sorry to be a nuicance --help!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ROXYANGELO

sorry to be a nuicance --help!

Post by ROXYANGELO »

Our plan is to come back at the end of feb 2020.We will be stopping at Olympic Lagoon resort for 28 days. Brexit/ etc may cloud what we want to do. We want to stay for at least 12 months or more and after reading most if the info we will need the paperwork. Would we able to apply whilst we are in Cyprus feb 2020 for the paperwork. We might even want to work etc whilst visiting for the 12 months. We are flexible. Our goal is for at least 12 months and we are financially fine, just need a change from England etc. We did previously live in Cyprus years ago but the rules I think then were more relaxed for the casual visitor and you could stay as long as you wanted. I have read all the High Commission notes but my bottom line is : can I apply for the correct paperwork/visa whilst I am there in Feb 2020.
WHL

Re: sorry to be a nuicance --help!

Post by WHL »

All depends on what sort of brexit we get, re stay/work, etc etc
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

In answer to your question re the paperwork. If you have a rental agreement and a utility bill then I believe that you will be able to apply for the yellow slip.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Whatever the outcome of the negotiations between the UK at the very least you will need to produce:
Tenancy Agreement or proof of purchasing a property
Proof of medical care
Proof of being able to support yourself
WHL

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:45 am Whatever the outcome of the negotiations between the UK at the very least you will need to produce:
Proof of medical care
If there is a no deal then all bets are off, there will be no right of being able to live here, as there is now..... no right of employment as there is now, etc etc,
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

galexinda wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:45 am Whatever the outcome of the negotiations between the UK at the very least you will need to produce:
Proof of medical care
I was referring to countries I have lived in where I was not working and that were non-EU or had no ties with the UK, hence my suggestion that these would be absolutely necessary.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

But the bottom line for whoever “Sorry to be a nuisance’ is” is, is that at present in the current turbulent days of the UK political establishment, nobody living here in Cyprus can do more that guess what may happen re Brexit or how it will affect us expats living in EU countries.
So he or she will have to just wait like we all have to, for any definite rules post Brexit !

Maybe he/she should put off plans to go to Cyprus until all becomes clearer....
They could access information through the UK/Gov FCO website, choosing Cyprus from the list of countries given.

Dee