Migraines

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Re: Migraines

Post by Lincoln »

Migraines come in different varieties. Some are debilitating and take a couple of days to get over. Others only last a few hours. I used to have migraine attacks, quite frequently. I found what works for me but may not work for others. As soon as I get the hint-zig zag lines in my eyes I take TWO anadin Extra. Then put on my blackout eye pad and rest. After about an hour I am back to normal. Hope that you find a simple answer/cure. I very rarely get the attacks now.
All things are possible
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I suffered for years and would get sparkles like a kalaidescope in my eye at the start. If I immediately took Migralieve it would almost certainly stop it in its tracks. I had to carry them everywhere with me. I moved to Cyprus in 2003 and have only had 2 since. No idea why - diet, stress levels, sunshine?

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I carry my migraine tablets and aspirin in a little box in my pocket. If I get the ‘sparkles’ I take 1 migraine table and 3 aspirins immediately. Sometime works, sometimes not.

At one stage I was taking 8 migraines a week and was put on Beta Blockers. Eventually stopped as put on weight and had nightmares every night.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Always go and see a Dr, never leave it until later.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I used to get migraines until I found out that it was the light from florescent tubes and energy saving bulbs that started them off.
Even reflected light wound give me a migraine and this was at less than 3 feet from the light.

When I was younger it was Marks & Spencer’s Ginger bread that would set me off with a migraine so I stopped eating that and was fine till the light problem started.
Paul
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I remember reading a research article a few years ago about increasing magnesium, I am sure the articles I read found a link between low magnesium and migraine attacks, I could be wrong but I thought I would mention it in case you wanted to do some research.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I cannot identify a single thing that causes migraines. Apparently the Cs are prime suspects - Caffeine, Chocolate, Cheese, Citrus..

I know someone who gets them whenever she smells Lavender...

I did get them if I look at strong light, but I suspect mine are causes by stress, lack of fluid and tiredness.... Many get them from low sugar...

So, no outright single cause.... most are had by females, some experience the light aura, so can take medication early in the process.... some get anxious, tired, yawn excessively or irritable as signs....
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 am I used to get migraines until I found out that it was the light from florescent tubes and energy saving bulbs that started them off.
Even reflected light wound give me a migraine and this was at less than 3 feet from the light.

When I was younger it was Marks & Spencer’s Ginger bread that would set me off with a migraine so I stopped eating that and was fine till the light problem started.
Paul
Yes, that is what also can still affect me. Even reflected light. So I have to wear dark sunglasses most of the time. Pleased to say I hardly ever get them now.
All things are possible
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I suffered with cluster migraine for 19 years but when I stopped drinking “proper” tea for green tea and a monthly back message I only get a mild pain above the right eye not like previously a stint of 2/3 days in bed 🥴 maybe just coincidence