UK state pension

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

UK state pension

Post by memory man »

Both my wife and myself have just received text messages from DWP

ie.
You will carry on getting your UK state pension when the UK leaves the EU
on 31 October. Visit https://www.gov.uk/brexit-pensions to find out more.
Lincoln

Re: UK state pension

Post by Lincoln »

Yes,
I got the same text. So checked the full message when I got home on the computer. All above board.
All things are possible
Varky

Post by Varky »

Just to add a little. the text stated that the situation would apply even if UK left with a 'No Deal'.
boycott

Post by boycott »

But it doesn't say if it will still be index linked.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

As far as I understand UK state pensions won’t be affected. I’ve read that in several reports about the conditions affecting British expats that the intention is to keep things goings as they are pre Brexit.
Also the BHC are saying the same thing. They have been issuing regular Information to expats here.
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:57 pm As far as I understand UK state pensions won’t be affected. I’ve read that in several reports about the conditions affecting British expats that the intention is to keep things goings as they are pre Brexit.
Also the BHC are saying the same thing. They have been issuing regular Information to expats here.
Dee
This was announced only recently - at the beginning of this month:
British expats living in the EU face uncertainty as the UK commits to raising state pension payouts under a no-deal Brexit - but only until 2023
Britons who have retired to EU countries such as Spain and France have been handed a temporary state pension boost by the Government, but not the long-term reassurance they crave.
It announced that it would continue uprating the UK state pension but only for the next three years in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pen ... -2023.html
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm
Kili01 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:57 pm As far as I understand UK state pensions won’t be affected. I’ve read that in several reports about the conditions affecting British expats that the intention is to keep things goings as they are pre Brexit.
Dee
This was announced only recently - at the beginning of this month:
British expats living in the EU face uncertainty as the UK commits to raising state pension payouts under a no-deal Brexit - but only until 2023
Britons who have retired to EU countries such as Spain and France have been handed a temporary state pension boost by the Government, but not the long-term reassurance they crave.
It announced that it would continue uprating the UK state pension but only for the next three years in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pen ... -2023.html
Photolady
I did post this information in the politics section but it was dismissed as "Project Fear"

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I think I already posted it too when it was originally announced...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
sueb

Post by sueb »

I got one today also.
Ironically I am not due to get mine till May 2024. After I thought I was getting it in 2018.
Rubbing salt into the wound for many!
Happy to be back on the Island!
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:53 am Without any reference to long-term commitment, I can't think why this is even a news story. The SMS I received simply said that you would carry on getting your UK state pension after the UK leaves the EU on 31st Oct; which is about as obvious as it gets, and a waste of an SMS.
Maybe, just maybe, some people were getting worried that they might lose their pension after Brexit. Nothing wrong with officially calming people's nerves in advance of any rumours that may start. You know how it is in an expat community.