If you are wondering why it has been quiet today...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

If you are wondering why it has been quiet today...

Post by Dominic »

There is a DNS error.

What this means is that for some reason the network address of the server isn't getting passed around the globe like it should be. Unfortunately, two companies are involved in fixing it; the domain registrars, and the web hosts. It's actually the domain registrar's fault, but they keep trying to deflect responsibility to the web host.

Anyway, this means that for a lot of the day, a lot of posters couldn't get on to www.paphoslife.com

The server was still there, and no data has been lost, but because of this DNS error, some parts of the world were "dark".

The problem is still ongoing, but I have implemented a sort-of fix to allow people on during the evening. If you post now, your posts will be safe. There is no moving of data involved. The issue is elsewhere.

Normal service will resume as soon as the sodding domain registrars have got their act together...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Re: If you are wondering why it has been quiet today...

Post by Mark »

Thanks Dominic

I missed my morning fix of Paphos news
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The weirdest thing is some people could still get on during the day. I only implemented my fix about half an hour ago but some of you were able to post earlier. That is the problem.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Thanks Dom. Just got on. Was unable to get on until just now. So thanks for the fix.
All things are possible
memory man

Post by memory man »

Even though I'm not on Facebook, I read this today

Please note, our DNS records are being updated to sort out a mail issue. I could say more but it is painfully dull. Suffice it to say the site is actually working fine, but most of you cannot see it at the moment. Our other sites; oldpafos.com and cypruspanoramas.com are unaffected by this change, so if you need a fix have a look at them.