Illegally parked cars should be towed away

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Illegally parked cars should be towed away

Post by Paul »

It's about time they started doing this like they do else where in the world!
Read this
https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/09/16/ille ... -accident/
Jimgym

Re: Illegally parked cars should be towed away

Post by Jimgym »

What a truly horrible thing to happen, that poor man. Sadly I don't think anything will change, platitudes will be offered and parking and ignorance will remain.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the obstructions to disabled pedestrians trying to use the pavements here are appalling. This summer I was unlucky enough to break a bone in my knee. For 6 weeks while my leg was in a splint and I was using a stick, I made lots of observations of the difficultiesI I had trying to get around for essential visits. The pavements in Paphos have a number of problems. Yes parking on pavements is a safety nightmare, as are trees obstructing the use. Also very high kerbs, which may deter all but the most determined 4x4 drivers, but are difficult for anyone with a disability. Also broken, uneven pavements and kerbs.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Even without cars parked on pavements, Cyprus isn't wheelchair friendly, only realised how bad it was when I had to push a relative about, who was over for a visit, Kerbs too high/ trees/ restaurant chairs tables/ kiosk, shop wares on pavement / shop advert boards , in the end I was pushing the wheel chair in the road, no other option then that.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

I remember about 15 years ago I was parked illegally and the police had called a tow truck, I had only been there about 15 mins so I had returned to my car before the tow truck arrived. As they had already called the truck I had to pay the driver €60 not too tow it away, it seems like they have got more lenient over the years instead of enforcing the law more.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They need to have dedicated courts to handle traffic cases. Currently the court system in Cyprus is an expensive joke, and takes far too long for anything to happen. If they sorted that out, then fines could be enforced a lot more quickly, and people would take them more seriously.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

There must be people employed in the appropriate planning, and planting depts of the Govt or Municipality who are completely unable to make sensible, joined up decisions! There is still a lack of consideration for those who are less mobile, too young, too old or with a disability. Also a general lack of consideration for others.

Dee