Changing GP under new Gesy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Changing GP under new Gesy

Post by Sadie »

Hi has anyone tried to change their GP under the new system?
I note from another thread you can now change after 3 months ?
Have you changed the GP online or actually been to sign up to new GP
TIA
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
memory man

Re: Changing GP under new Gesy

Post by memory man »

Would you have to give a valid reason for changing your GP?
darrow

Post by darrow »

It depends on how long you have been registered. MOH has been registered since June so I will ask my doctor when I visit in October how we go on, unless someone changes before then and lets us all know. There doesn't have to be a reason, at least it has never been mentioned. In our case he is a good doctor but struggles with computers and takes such a long time with each patient. The earliest appointment we could get was 2 months after I telephoned..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Some reports from people who have recently changed Personal Doctor. No mention of having to give a reason.

'My experience was that when I de-registered with a doctor GESY sent me an email to confirm. I then re-registered with another doctor with no problems. The de-regisration can take a little time to filter through the system; the email stated that I needed to re-register within 14 days otherwise I would have to start the GESY registration from the beginning'.

'Just phone your Dr. Ask them to release you, and to txt you to confirm when it’s done. Then go with your yellow slip to new Dr and they can register you. I’ve done it, so I know this works. I’d check new Dr has room before starting this though'.
memory man

Post by memory man »

GHS: Amendment to allow change of doctor after three months

The Health Insurance Organisation said on Friday that general health insurance beneficiaries will be able — as an exception — to change their personal doctor (GP) three months after registering.

It said this temporary arrangement will apply from October to December 31, 2019.

Under standing rules, such a change is permitted every six months.

The change can be made on the IT platform or at the personal doctor.

Further information is available on the service centre of the GHS on 17000 (no toll) or by email to info@gesy.org.cy.

https://in-cyprus.com/ghs-amendment-to- ... ee-months/