Ageism.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Re: Ageism.

Post by smudger »

"Now, as Shane said, she was being insensitive. No doubt about that. But to say she wasn't stating a fact is a big fat whopper. :)"

I'm not in the habit of lying thank you Dominic.

But you know what they say, there are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics. I hate statistics, I just managed to scrape a pass in my accountancy studies, but it certainly taught me the veracity of that statement.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh come off it! They are the election results! If you cannot fathom what they are saying then you are on pretty shaky ground when playing the "older people have wisdom" card.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
smudger

Post by smudger »

No, they are not the election results Dominic! They are statistics supposedly compiled from the election results! Not the same thing at all.
smudger

Post by smudger »

And when exactly did I play the "older people have wisdom" card.??
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Just How Common Is Ageism?

"Researchers have also found that ageism is surprisingly commonplace. In one study published in a 2013 issue of The Gerontologist, researchers looked at how older people were represented in Facebook groups. They found 84 groups devoted to the topic of older adults, but most of these groups had been created by people in their 20s. Nearly 75 percent of the groups existed to criticize older people and nearly 40 percent advocated banning them from activities such as driving and shopping.”
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-ageism-2794817
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

If you look at nature, animals tend to follow the senior members of their pack for protection and supply of food, as I see it, the human animal isn't any different. In adulthood I looked to my parents for advice and help, does it matter how old you are ? I think not.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.