Parga

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
STELIOSBWFC

Parga

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

I have just booked a week in Parga for June, has anyone been. Looks lovely I will be at the Parga beach resort.
trevnhil

Re: Parga

Post by trevnhil »

Where is this, I have not heard the name before ?
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parga

I had to look it up as I also didn't know where it was.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Louise, I thought it was a holiday in Cyprus that was being mentioned.
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 pm I have just booked a week in Parga for June, has anyone been. Looks lovely I will be at the Parga beach resort.
Stelios, I was there back in 1974 when there was war in Cyprus as an alternative to Kyrenia, where I used to have holidays since 1970. I don't know how it looks nowadays but remember that it was very poor 1974 when I arrived by ship with my car from Italy in Igoumenitsa nearby unlike Corfu, which was very nice then.
For me one of the most impressing experience was a days visit of the Meteora Monasteries which are unique in Europe.

http://meteora.com/meteora-monasteries/

Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I went to Parga while on holiday in Corfu with Club Med in summer 1972. Parga was an ‘annex Village’ to their main base near Dassia. We arrived by caique, which is a local fishing boat type of boat, which had been modified. Then Parga was a sleepy fishng village with a couple of tavernas. But the long sandy beach and clear blue sea, backed by low pine covered hills and at the end of the bay was a small penninsula well wooded where the ground rose steeply. We slept in straw huts there and our amenities were basic, bu it was one of the most idyllic places I have ever been to.
Now, Parga looks more like a small town,but the buildings look nice and in keeping with the village. At least the sandy beach is still there!
I’m sure that it will prove to be a loveky holiday destination.
Dee
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Not to bore you all but I will be going on Sunday morning. I will post a few pics if this is OK Dom. Although not sure how to size pics for web site.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pa ... &FORM=VIRE
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

@ Dee: Sounds almost like Shirley Valentine...

@ Stelios: Have a great holiday!

AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Enjoy your holiday. Looks great !
Louise :)
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I would second Max's recommendation to visit Meteora if you get a chance. It's one of the most remarkable places I have ever visited. Absolutely breathtaking and something I shall never forget.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Never made it to Meteora as it was to far away. We visited Paxos and what a nice little Island that was. The place Parga is well worth a visit. next stop Paphos September and counting the days. Enjoy your summer.