Relaxing Cyprus - Trimithousa

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Relaxing Cyprus - Trimithousa

Post by Dominic »

It's the weekend nearly, so time to chill. Trimithousa is an abandoned village near Polis, on the North coast of Paphos, Cyprus. These days, you will share a visit with goats and the occasional farmer. In the past it must have been quite a busy place, as it covers a fairly large area.

In this film we glide over the village for a while, before panning out across the wider countryside, giving you a breathtaking view of the Evretou Valley.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Relaxing Cyprus - Trimithousa

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Beautiful !
Louise :)
Amelia60

Post by Amelia60 »

please can I ask if there are 2 trimithousa's.... I feel sure a friend of mine lives in Trimithousa and the village has residents
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is a Tremithousa (different spelling) to the East of Mesogi on the B7 'Polis Road'
Last edited by trevnhil on Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Amelia60 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:42 am please can I ask if there are 2 trimithousa's.... I feel sure a friend of mine lives in Trimithousa and the village has residents
Yes, village names often get re-used in Cyprus. For instance, there is an Episkopi in both Limassol and Paphos.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Amelia60 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:42 am please can I ask if there are 2 trimithousa's.... I feel sure a friend of mine lives in Trimithousa and the village has residents

Well, there is a Trimithousa (with i) and a Tremithousa (with e). So your friend lives in the village near Tala. However it is easy to get mixed up with this name.

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

The drone "found" also this nice water feature, obviously still intact. What a wonderful position of this abandoned village which was obviously bombed.
What a pity for the inhabitants to leave this lovely place.

Max
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

The spelling of the more southerly village seems to be all over the place, including on the signage within the village itself! I have the same issue with my own street's name in a different village - the epsilons and etas swap depending on who you talk to. The post office and EAC use one version, and the council and CYTA use another! The house I'm moving to has no address at all, just a plot number, and it's far from new. Naming places is a variable and uncertain concept in Cyprus, it seems... It certainly keeps me on my toes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have no street name or number. Just the name of the villa and Polemi. We do have a PO box number though
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:58 am We have no street name or number. Just the name of the villa and Polemi. We do have a PO box number though
We have a street name, but nobody uses it. We mainly rely on the Box Number, which can be a pain when confronted with the old "We don't ship to a box number" refrain.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:31 am The drone "found" also this nice water feature, obviously still intact. What a wonderful position of this abandoned village which was obviously bombed.
What a pity for the inhabitants to leave this lovely place.

Max
I'll be publishing a blog on the village soon, as I took some nice pictures while we were there. I looked through the original blog I wrote five years ago, and was surprised with how bad a lot of the shots were, in terms of exposure etc.