Over 70s driving licence renewal extra documents required

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Polly

Over 70s driving licence renewal extra documents required

Post by Polly »

I went to the Citizens Service Centre this morning with my completed doctor's medical and almost completed application form, both of which I had collected from the CSC. I was informed that we now need additional documentation i.e. yellow slip and 12 months utility bill. Be warned.
Tuppence

Re: Over 70s driving licence renewal extra documents required

Post by Tuppence »

Thanks for that important information Polly. Did you have to make an appointment initially to collect the forms from the CSC?
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Tuppence wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:43 pm Thanks for that important information Polly. Did you have to make an appointment initially to collect the forms from the CSC?
You can download the forms here:

https://cyprusdriving.net/department-of ... ort-forms/
Louise :)
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thank you Polly and thank you Louise.
I went to the CSC the other day and asked for said forms, I was given one form and when I asked is this all that's required I was told yes. I asked several times but the gentleman who appeared to be in charge was emphatic that I only needed the one form.
I will download the forms and print off a years supply of Utility Bill's.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Not forgetting your MEU, Jim. Actually when I renewed my driving license last June, I forgot my yellow slip, but they happily accepted my old Cyprus ID card. I always carry that with me as its always useful to prove my identity...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I often use my Cyprus ID card which is still valid.. It is annoying that all MEU holders cannot now get them
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm I often use my Cyprus ID card which is still valid.. It is annoying that all MEU holders cannot now get them
Trev I was under the impression, IDs for expats were no longer valid?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As mentioned, my plastic ID card has certainly not expired, and is accepted a various places.
The last time I used it was just about a fortnight ago at one of the roadblocks going to Nicosia.. The Police asked for ID and I showed them the card.. They inspected it and returned it to me allowing us on our way
Trev..
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Renewed my drivers licence this morning at the Citizens Centre as I am about to hit the big 70 (in my head I'm still 18!!). I can confirm that you do need to make an appointment, the medical form can be downloaded from the Cyprus Transport website and yes, they did ask to see utility bills for the past year, plus copies of passport & MEU3. In an out in 10 minutes - they were very helpful. 😄😄
Polly

Post by Polly »

Tuppence

I made an appointment to collect the forms but I don't know if you have to or not. I knew that the medical form could be downloaded but didn't know the application form could. I thought the staff filled in the latter for you. As this is my first time at this I collected the forms because I wanted to make sure I got the rights ones and to check the procedure.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Hmm, that's all well and good asking for utility bills but as far as I'm aware utility bills are only in one name. My wife's name is not on any of them. So what would she do?

Certainly when I renewed last year it was just the application form, medical report and copy of my MEU3.

Sure it's not some jobsworth having a bad day at the office?

Chris
Polly

Post by Polly »

chis&pam

It doesn't make a lot of sense. If you have an MEU3 this should prove you have been resident for at least five years and according to when you renewed your driving licence, that would also have poof of residency.

I think your wife has to go with your marriage certificate.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

I'm not on utility bills or married to my partner, but we went to the Mukhtar in Peyia who signed a form to confirm we lived together. He needed to see both passports and our rental agreement. This form was accepted by the Citizens office. I agree an MEU3 should have been acceptable without the utility bill, but hey their country, their rules. I don't have a problem with that.
Dot n Dash

Post by Dot n Dash »

Where is the best place to renew for the over 70s. Transport dept or Citizens advice and how much should it cost?
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Over 70 it's free of charge.
Louise :)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Dot n' dash,
I would say the Citizens Advice Office is preferable, especially if you follow the procedure outlined in previous posts. I would avoid the Transport office, the staff there aren't noted for speaking much English or being very helpful, the queues there can be very long and slow.

Dee
darrow

Post by darrow »

We have just done ours at the transport office. Could not get an answer for CSC to make an appt. Transport centre is nearer for us anyway. We went about 15 mins before closing. No one there knocked on the door, (it was locked) a man came out, , brought the forms outside, filled them for us, we already had a medical from the doctor, gave them to us, told us to get photos because they are not taking them at the moment. We got the photos from a local photographer put everything in an envelope and left it in a box as instructed in the road transport office foyer. This was a renewal not a first time app!lcation for over 70. No problem, no appt, and no waiting!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Polly
Did you have to take your own photographs with you or did they take photographs there?
When I changed my paper Cypriot license to a credit card type the staff at CSC took the photographs.

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

darrow wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:54 pm We have just done ours at the transport office. Could not get an answer for CSC to make an appt. Transport centre is nearer for us anyway. We went about 15 mins before closing. No one there knocked on the door, (it was locked) a man came out, , brought the forms outside, filled them for us, we already had a medical from the doctor, gave them to us, told us to get photos because they are not taking them at the moment. We got the photos from a local photographer put everything in an envelope and left it in a box as instructed in the road transport office foyer. This was a renewal not a first time app!lcation for over 70. No problem, no appt, and no waiting!
Jim.. Maybe you scrolled past this comment about Photographs
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Trev
Thanks for that.

Jim