MEU3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Arrowhire

MEU3

Post by Arrowhire »

I have been to Immigration office in Paphos to arrange an appointment for MEU3 but told I must phone to make the appointment. There are 3 numbers on the door but it’s nigh on impossible to get anyone to answer. I have been trying for 3 weeks now at different times of the day but to no avail. Is there a mechanism to apply on line for the appointment?
galexinda

Re: MEU3

Post by galexinda »

Just read a comment on FB from a man who tried all the numbers and decided to go to Paphos Immigration Office today.
He now has an appointment for 23rd June.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It used to be like that in Nicosia Immigration and the only way to get anything done was to go up there. I would keep going to Paphos Immigration until given an appointment, be polite and explain why you've returned there.
Generally they are not answering calls, they are just ignoring them; we witnessed this numerous times when sat in the old immigration offices in Nicosia.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Arrowhire,
You should contact the British High Commission. Nicosia, who are currently encouraging all Brits who are permanent residents here to obtain their MEU1 or 3 as appropriate, as soon as possible and before December. They would like to know that Paphos Immigration are being difficult to contact.
However, their recent email to me said that there is a voluntary organisation called the
Cyprus Residency Planning Group which has formed in order to help Brits who are having difficulty registering and completing the nec application form. If you are a pensioner, or have some special need they may be able to help you.
Tel 800 09009 or email : contactus@cyprus-crpg.org
Or alternatively: contact Gwenny Red Tape 26 945625. Who is able to get things sorted for you painlessly.

Dee
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Well our application went in April last year, still waiting, chased it, were told would arrive before Easter then the virus hit.
Varky

Post by Varky »

My wife and I had an appointment just before lockdown in March and received our MEU3 mid May via post.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Will UK citizens who only have a MEU1 qualify for an equivalent to the MEU3 once they´ll have been resident for 5 years?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I cannot supply a link to prove it, but I am sure I have read that MEU1 and MEU3 holders can apply for the new credit style I D card.
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Anyone who qualifies for a MEU1, and hasn't yet got it, should seriously consider the consequences (as far as travel etc.is concerned) of not doing so. After 31/12/20 who knows what the situation will be so don't come bleating on this thread about the fact that you might be considered as an illegal immigrant.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We applied for our MEU3 in September 2018. Still not received them yet. Got all the documents and receipts to say we have applied and paid.
Been to immigration three times and have spoken to the officer in charge who said yes we were in the system and he would chase it up. Still nothing.
Phoned Nicosia, they never answer the phone
We got stuck in the UK whilst returning from a TUI cruise who just abandoned us all in London to find our own accommodation and flights home to Cyprus.
When trying to get repatriation flights they needed MEU1 or MUE3 thankfully we had MEU1 but if they insisted on MEU 3 we would have been stuck to no fault of our own.
Been in contact with Wendy Nash on the Contactus site but to no avail
We are now going to go to Gwenny, but feel why should we have to pay when we have already done it all. Not worried about having to pay but why should we have to.
Hope all those waiting soon get theirs and don't have yo wait as long as us.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Tremigirl

Try contacting the Cyprus Residency Planning Group (CRPG). They may be able to help. Just goggle CRPG should get you to their site.
Varky

Post by Varky »

mouse wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm Well leaving things to the eleventh hour is not easy, I can't recommend Gwenny red tape services enough, sure you can diy but at a time when things are so busy her small charge will take away the headaches.
I understand their charges are €120 per person (or at least it was). Judge for yourself if this is 'small'.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

We were told by Gwenny’s office that the the system works with the idea that the latest applications are acted on first
daveg

Post by daveg »

€120 each for, in our case was ,just a couple of hours out of day seems a lot........
But I guess if you have the money and not the will power
To join the crowd and deal with the bureaucracy then it's worth it.
Personally I have the money but disagree with jumping the queue... morally I just can't do it.
So I persevered and came away pleased to have experienced this side of Cyprus life ....
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I decided to go to Nicosia last year to sort out my MEU3 problem - in and out of the office in less than 10 minutes. It is in Chilonos Street just a short walk from the Intercity Bus Terminal in Nicosia.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well there are several different ways to go, but the important part is to get your MEU 3! It depends on whether you want to run around while completing all the paperwork,or whether you want to take an easier route. But points to bare in mind are how Govt Depts are working at this time due to the virus, the summer heat, and whether you want to queue anywhere while we are social distancing. In some cases Govt Depts are making you ring for appts,if you can get through, or keep you hanging about on the pavement outside!
Or you can ring Gweney!
Its your choice.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

We would love to achieve the outcome we want, applied for the MEU3 through Gwenny’s office in April 2019, went back after 7/8 months they told us that the new applications were being acted on before the older ones for what ever reason, we had a call from Gwenny’s office in January to say it was all in hand and would be ready by Easter, still waiting, as far as we were concerned there was no jumping the queue we were given a number for the interview the same as everybody else.
Varky

Post by Varky »

galexinda wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:10 pm I decided to go to Nicosia last year to sort out my MEU3 problem - in and out of the office in less than 10 minutes. It is in Chilonos Street just a short walk from the Intercity Bus Terminal in Nicosia.
And were you successful?
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Looks like even going to Gwenny doesn't help either. We were really thinking of going to her ( perhaps not now!!)
It is like we were told by a certain person to go to some one to get our IPT tax back. Went to him nearly 2years ago and still waiting for our money. We paid him a lot of money for doing it. So it doesn't always pay to get someone to do it.
Have to take the Cypriot attitude, slowly slowly.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Tremigirl,
People who have their own agendas post on here. At the end of the day it you who must decide! I used Gwenny, who handled it all very efficiently.
Then the months went by and after 6 months When it hadn't arrived I went back to Gwenny again. And again. However, realising that I wouldn't give uo, they spent a lot of time ringing various numbers they know to speak to people in Paphos and then Nicosia Immigration.Eventually, my application was found and yes it had been approved but apparently, it had been posted. But that was 2months earlier! As a result they re issued it. A multilingual representative of Gwenny went with me on a prearranged day/time to Paphos Immigration where an authority was issued which we had to take to the court. I had to sign a statement, before a replacement form, stamped and sealed, my MEU3 was then handed to me.
The problem is that even before the pandemic struck immigration was saturated with applications for MEU3 forms.They never seem to have enough staff and the system must be poor.
On my own I could have done NOTHING! But with Gwenny's staff and their knowledge and ability to speak Greek, my situation was sorted out.
I am very grateful for that. Incidentally, all the extra work and time this took them was included in their original fee.
Dee