A kite

If you are looking for something ask here. We are not responsible for anything that happens as a result of you asking though, so make sure you conduct your business safely.
lionelcyprus

A kite

Post by lionelcyprus »

Please, any ideas where to get a kite from! I've tried Jumbo several times, and found nothing there. I've tried googling. No real success. Looking for somewhere in the Paphos area, or at least, Cyprus. If not, I'll have to ask a friend back in ol' Blighty. All thoughts welcome. P.S. Don't care what type of kite, but nothing too fancy.
Dominus illuminatio mea
Jimgward

Re: A kite

Post by Jimgward »

2 garden canes, some string, some brown paper and some twine..... plus some paper twisted as parts of a tail .... made plenty as a kid
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

Yes. :) Thanks. That is plan B. I thought using a large Jumbo bag would be quite funny.
Dominus illuminatio mea
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We bought one off Amazon and had it delivered. It was MUCH better than the Jumbo kite we bought previously. That didn't even fly when we scrunched it up in a ball and kicked it.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

Thanks for that also. I am a little wary of getting a kite in the post. Most likely ok, but mmmmm. I am probably going the Jimg route. Went to a garden centre today and got two 1m canes. 35 cents each. I also got some strong thin string. 99 cents. I have some good glue from a sun blind repair I did at the weekend. Opus 1 may appear soon - and fly high over the castle, or crash into the sea!
Dominus illuminatio mea