TRUE or FALSE

The place to post your puzzles, riddles and quizzes. You can also mention any pub quiz nights here.
memory man

TRUE or FALSE

Post by memory man »

It's Silly Enough to Be True.

No limit to guesses.

1. Actor Jack Lemmon was born in a hospital elevator in Boston, USA.
2. It was Mark Twain who once said, "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
3. A young hedgehog is called a kitten.
4. The 'Roosevelt' was the name of the ship that Robert Edwin Peary used when he became the first man to reach the North Pole on 6th April 1909.
5. Minnie Higginbottom was the real name of Kathy Staff, who played Nora Batty in the world's longest running sitcom, 'Last of the Summer Wine'.
6. Artist Beryl Cook was a former seaside landlady, who taught herself to paint amusing, saucy paintings of voluptuous women, which can now be bought for up to £40,000 each.
7. Irish comedian Frank Carson is the wag who came up with the quotation: "Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and instead of bleeding, he sings."
8. The quintessential English red public telephone box (kiosk) was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott.
9. When ABBA won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'Waterloo' in 1974, the United Kingdom jury gave Sweden the maximum score of 12 points for this winning song.
10. Bob Hope was attributed with this remark in 1965, "They are doing things on the screen now that I wouldn't do in bed, if I could."
11. British artist Damien Hirst has produced a piece of artwork called 'For the Love of God' with just under a thousand rubies entirely covering a human skull.
12. British comedian, Les Dawson, is associated with the following quotation: I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said "Are you going to help?" I said, "No, six should be enough."
13. Author Ambrose Bierce, who wrote the Devil's Dictionary (1906), had a father who named all his thirteen children, beginning with the letter A.
14. Astronaut Jim Lovell uttered the words "Please be informed that there is a Santa Claus" whilst on board Apollo 8.
15. Windsor Castle is known as 'The Key to England'.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: TRUE or FALSE

Post by Dominic »

12 I would imagine is true.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

7. I would imagine this to be true as well
memory man

Post by memory man »

I can't at this early stage mark you 2, right or wrong. :roll: :roll:

I'll post answers when all 15 q's are answered.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

1, 2, 3.4, 8 & 10 are true
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

If you find that M M is missing he was having problems with his computer late this afternoon.. I hope he appears back on, but if not you know why
Trev..
jen

Post by jen »

11. False
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

15. False. Dover Castle is 'The Key to England', not Windsor castle.