Bohemian Rhapsody

Post anything to do with music here. Been to any good gigs? Let us know!
jagwheels

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by jagwheels »

Daughter is taking me to see this film next Thursday. I cannot remember the last time I went to a cinema but apparently this one is called cinema
deluxe with reclining seats etc. Point is I happen to like their music so will report my experience if anyone is interested. After the film I have been told we are going to Nandos for peri peri chicken. Never heard of the company or their product but hope it doesn't affect my ability to report back :roll:

Down side is that my wife is not coming. She likes Freddy's music but not his lifestyle or his performance on stage when he uses that long mike like
a sexual symbol
Lofos-5

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Lofos-5 »

Hope you will liked the movie and food - Nandos is a favourite of many - and the chicken peri peri really is quite special. Get a hummus as a side dish - it might help to cool down the peri peri if required...
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Thanks for that advice Lofus but even more confused now with another new word "Hummus". I understood it to mean soil but it obviously
has another meaning. Daughter has tried to assure me the peri peri can be as mild or as hot as you want. Will post how the evening went
memory man

Post by memory man »

Hi Norv,

Hummus is a Levantine dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is popular in the Middle East and Mediterranean, as well as in Middle Eastern cuisine around the globe.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Hi Brian

I am sure this is all good information but I am starting to feel a bit uneasy. Anyway decision has been made so no going back. At least I hope I enjoy the film & have one good experience :lol:
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Made me worried a bit now as I am not native English speaking - it's indeed hummus as MM says versus humus (which is the organic content of soil)... :P

I love the hummus from Garden of Eden - and they sell the nice huge flat bread that goes very well with it as well...

Bon appétit.

A.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Lofos sorry I screwed up big time & searched HUMUS :oops: :oops:

Hudswell the Mail report today was not that encouraging but like me I was also impressed by the few clips I saw. Also heard good reviews on
a Star is born & glad you enjoyed it
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

If you like Queen you will enjoy the film. Myself & daughter did. As Hudswell said, seeing it on a big screen with Dolby surround sound makes it looks like a live experience. Sadly people were queuing for Nandos so ended up with a takeaway KFC. Wife called me a cheapscate so I can now add that to the many other names she calls me

Apparently a fim about Elton John is being released in January, another of my generation so perhaps I may get hooked on this modern cinema experience & they still sell popcorn :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Enjoy...

Max
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I get the point but in todays pop music world you need to be flamboyant to get noticed. Plenty of great groups around who will live to a ripe old age but sadly not always the case for those who choose to push the boundary
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I took my mum to see it today at Cleveleys Vue Cinema for the late morning screening.
It was fabulous and we both really enjoyed it. The detail that has been gone into to recreate some of the band scenes etc were incredible.
There was a tv programme/drama aired last year and me and my other half caught part of it, sadly it concentrated on a lot of the dark side of Freddie's life and I'm glad my mum didn't get to see that programme.
Loved the Live Aid scenes - brought back so many memories of that day when we sat and watched TV from midday until the early hours with a beer can tower growing in the living room.
Highly watchable for Queen and Freddie fans alike, made even more so by the comfy cinema seats and the 2 For 1 price ticket with my Meerkat app :-)
First time my mum has been to the cinema in UK since Jaws was released!
Her and my dad went a few times when they were on holiday in Malta - usually on Valentine's evening.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I'm happy that you all enjoyed the film but a discussion came up last night with wife & daughter regarding songs I might choose for my funeral
Nothing like planning ahead I guess :shock: The one song that Queen sang that keeps coming into my mind

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Mine is Here I Go Again by White snake.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Final accolade to the film

Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody was the surprise winner of two major prizes at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards.

The Freddie Mercury biopic took home the trophies for best film drama and best drama actor for its star Rami Malek, who played the late frontman.
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

This movie had Queen score in it, that's already a huge success :)
Every next level of your life will demand a different you.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Not sure the point you are making Palmer but a bit saddened to hear Bryan Singer's name has has been removed from the nominations due to sexual allegations but the film remains nominated in the Outstanding British Film category. Who knows, this could be sour grapes but time will tell
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning, if you have a Mag system this film has been listed for several weeks, well worth watching if you like Queen, but those teeth are off-putting, did bring goosebumps when he sang '' who wants to live forever''
Jim.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Had the same effect on me Jim but many songs that members post on the Song Chain do the same thing. Perhaps one day we might meet up again on that topic :D
JimX

Post by JimX »

You know where I live Norv, your welcome to pop around.
Jim.