Back to the 80's - Brothers in Arms...

Post anything to do with music here. Been to any good gigs? Let us know!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Back to the 80's - Brothers in Arms...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I have very good memories at that time in Cyprus when I just moved in my second house and this song was very popular. Listening the tape in my car, high up of Chrysochou Bay overlooking Latchi, Polis, Argaka until Pomos at midnight with the full moon shining... just stunning.

Amazing in this video the performance of the female drummer Sina, she will be the future star (if not already)...

Max
jagwheels

Re: Back to the 80's - Brothers in Arms...

Post by jagwheels »

Welcome to the music section Max & if your choice of music is as good as your photography we may have to raise the bar :D
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I posted already in the past several times videos from music I like, but not in the music section. However, I can't see what my choice of music has to do with my photography. :roll:

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He was paying you a compliment Max. As English isn't your native language, I appreciate that you won't get some of the subtler aspects of it. :)

Actually it reminds me of when I used to work for a Dutch bank. My Dutch colleagues spoke excellent "Business" English. But when it came to something more mundane like swearing, they only seemed to know the basic F and C words. Presumably because they weren't taught this in their class. So you would be having an in-depth conversation with them, and then they would swear really crudely. Once I twigged why it was funny, but it was a shock at the start.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Dominic wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:19 pm My Dutch colleagues spoke excellent "Business" English. But when it came to something more mundane like swearing, they only seemed to know the basic F and C words. Presumably because they weren't taught this in their class.
Reminds me of my kids - the only Swiss German they speak would leave my parents shocked and speechless... - I most definitely have failed somewhere :oops:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:19 pm He was paying you a compliment Max. As English isn't your native language, I appreciate that you won't get some of the subtler aspects of it. :)

Actually it reminds me of when I used to work for a Dutch bank. My Dutch colleagues spoke excellent "Business" English. But when it came to something more mundane like swearing, they only seemed to know the basic F and C words. Presumably because they weren't taught this in their class. So you would be having an in-depth conversation with them, and then they would swear really crudely. Once I twigged why it was funny, but it was a shock at the start.
Well, my English I learned here in Cyprus from a relationship with a half Cypriot girl. Her father was in the Army here in Cyprus and her mother Cypriot. I know quite a lot of English and Cypriot swear words, (not only the basic F and C words) believe me or not, more than of my native German language. So if I sometimes don't get the real meaning I am ever so sorry.... :) ;) :roll: :oops:

Max
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Max if you understand the F & C words you can count yourself as having a good command of todays English language :oops:

Not a great fan of Dire Straits but liked this Tribute :D
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

jagwheels wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm Max if you understand the F & C words you can count yourself as having a good command of todays English language :oops:
More of a problem is for me that I understand a lot of Cypriot M & P words as well.... :roll:

Max