Rocketman

Post anything to do with music here. Been to any good gigs? Let us know!
jagwheels

Rocketman

Post by jagwheels »

Taking my daughter to see this next Friday. Read 2 reviews, 1 good & 1 bad. Will let you know our experience
jagwheels

Re: Rocketman

Post by jagwheels »

Just got back from seeing it & daughter liked it. I found the first 10 mins a struggle & some of the rest difficult to follow at times so cannot recommend it personally. I am sure Elton fans will have different opinions
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I read it's received very mixed reviews... I would watch it when it reaches the TV screen but don't think I would see it at the cinema.
Although I used to like Elton John, I think I prefer to dance to the music rather than watch him.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Good point & perhaps a good decision. I was disappointed not to hear some of my favourite songs but the film played heavily into his relationship with his parents. There were a lot of things that I did not know about him so some might find this interesting
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Elton has committed to 300+ around the world dates in the next 2 years. Not bad for a 72 year old. Wish this song was in the film, or perhaps I just missed it but you get a taste of of his impersonators voice, Taron Egerton

https://vidvui.com/videos/elton-john-an ... 575m4.html
JimX

Post by JimX »

I watched this on my MAG some time ago, not a fan of the man and I did not enjoy the more sexual parts of the film, but overall I enjoyed the movie and the music too well worth watching I thought.

Looking forward to seeing ''Yesterday'' not available yet but very soon I hope.

Yesterday (2019)

Yesterday director Danny Boyle, screenwriter Richard Curtis, and stars Lily James and Himesh Patel reveal their TV and movie obsessions. And yes, a classic ...

Jim.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We wanted to see "Yesterday" at the cinema but sadly, it arrived at a time that we weren't always available to go to our local cinema using our 2 for 1 Meerkats ticket codes (Tues or Weds) as we were having ongoing work done on our kitchen project - so we missed it.
Will probably wait now until it's released on DVD / blu-ray and is a reasonable price in the supermarket.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Topic has drifted slightly away from Elton but would be interesting to read your comments on Yesterday
JimX

Post by JimX »

Norv this is a music section and Yesterday film is a musical, I am really looking forward to seeing the movie and hearing it's music, Rocketman has for me come and gone, it was an OK film and as I said I did enjoy most of it. bit uncomfortable to be inside here though, too hot! 8-)
Jim.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Jim no offence intended but it is up to Dominic to either delete or move my posts. Have seen a couple of clips of Yesterday & not impressed but perhaps you may wish to post a review after seeing it
JimX

Post by JimX »

Norv why would anyone remove post in this thread? and why would I take any offence?, at what?

I have seen Rocketman and film that was a better I thought was 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Really looking to seeing 'Yesterday' It has had massive world wide reviews. Just take a look at this film on UTube to see just how it is regarded Norv. I believe it will be shown very soon on MAG systems cannot wait!!.

And of course will post a review.

Jim.