So, the Autocratic Dictator Johnson is Proroguing parliament. Very democratic.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: So, the Autocratic Dictator Johnson is Proroguing parliament. Very democratic.

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Jimgward wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:48 pm
Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

He is doing what Parliament require of him. He is also doing what he has said and that is to try and get Britain out by 31 October. You still haven't explained why that is nasty. Perhaps you'd care to explain what is nasty about that. I get that you don't like him, I get that you are a remainer, what I don't get is why you label him nasty for expressing his opinion ( as any PM would do). I can only surmise it's because you don't like the fact he is trying to deliver what was voted for by the people of Britain.
He is going to break the law, which means that parliament will have to find the Government to have broken the law.
Tell me, how will he be breaking the law if he sends the letter as directed by parliament? Are you saying he cannot send another expressing his opinion? I have no clue as to the legality of that.
It is breaking the law, as his second letter is designed to overturn the first - thereby breaking the law....

This is his end game, get parliament to rule the government not fit....
Jimgym

Re: So, the Autocratic Dictator Johnson is Proroguing parliament. Very democratic.

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm Alan
I thought you were asking where did the reference "Nasty" came from in reference to Boris and Tories in general.

Jim
Not me Jim. Thanks for explaining though, thought I was losing the plot there!! :lol:
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm
Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 pm
Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

He is doing what Parliament require of him. He is also doing what he has said and that is to try and get Britain out by 31 October. You still haven't explained why that is nasty. Perhaps you'd care to explain what is nasty about that. I get that you don't like him, I get that you are a remainer, what I don't get is why you label him nasty for expressing his opinion ( as any PM would do). I can only surmise it's because you don't like the fact he is trying to deliver what was voted for by the people of Britain.
Fat finger syndrome again.... canx the like😂. Surely he is doing the exact opposite of what Parliament has asked him to do, otherwise why the 2 letters?
Why is he doing the opposite? He is required to send the letter, which I am assuming he will do. He is also expressing his opinion. Are you saying he shouldn't tell the EU what he wants?
No, he shouldn't tell the EU what he wants. He's a representative.
Are MP's there to express their own views or the views of the people they represent or even the views of parliament?
Whichever carries the most weight the people or the MP's but bearing in mind the mp's and not the people make the laws whether you like them or not.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

panoscouse wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 pm
Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 pm
Fat finger syndrome again.... canx the like😂. Surely he is doing the exact opposite of what Parliament has asked him to do, otherwise why the 2 letters?
Why is he doing the opposite? He is required to send the letter, which I am assuming he will do. He is also expressing his opinion. Are you saying he shouldn't tell the EU what he wants?
Are MP's there to express their own views or the views of the people they represent or even the views of parliament?
Whichever carries the most weight the people or the MP's but bearing in mind the mp's and not the people make the laws whether you like them or not.
So you're saying he should go to the EU and see what they offer? He should sit there and not express an opinion?
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:55 pm
So you're saying he should go to the EU and see what they offer? He should sit there and not express an opinion?
It's not for the EU to make any offer.
It's his job (for which he's very well paid) to make an offer to the EU based on the instruction from parliament. It's called democracy.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

panoscouse wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 am

It's his job (for which he's very well paid) to make an offer to the EU based on the instruction from parliament. It's called democracy.
And what has Parliament asked him to make an offer of?
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

Parliament hasn't asked him to do anything. They have instructed him to ask, and I think you very well know what.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

panoscouse wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 am
Jimgym wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

Parliament hasn't asked him to do anything. They have instructed him to ask, and I think you very well know what.
Your comment doesn't make sense, either they have asked him to do something or they haven't.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

8A6311A7-FF09-493A-9E36-E29B7826D16C.jpeg
8A6311A7-FF09-493A-9E36-E29B7826D16C.jpeg (216.36 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

What has it got to do with you who, or what, I agree with ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jackie

In a forum where you comment, everything - in real-life - nothing.... this is a virtual experience, where we comment on each others views. You are free to find mine different from yours. So, embrace the notion of people having discussions, arugments, objections, disagreements, different views...
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

I do, sadly you do not respect my views, you find them to be biased, right-wing ? So be it, that's your opinion of me, but you don't know me.

Nor do I need a lecture form you, to tell me that I must back up my support for another member's post ! If I wish to I will, if not I won't, my choice.

Everyone knows that I am a Brexit supporter, so it seems obvious that I will not support posts by the remain camp. Why criticize me for that ? Do you support any Brexit posts ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

From Reuters UK
September 10, 2019 / 4:16 PM / Updated an hour ago
Deal or no-deal, Brexit's puppet master has more strings to pull
Guy Faulconbridge
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN1VV1N4
Jon.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Been in office for two months :

Became PM by default, voted in by his pals.
Lost the Tories Commons majority.
Trying to force a no-deal Brexit against the wishes of the electorate.
Kicked 21 Tory MPs out of the party.
Been defeated in six Commons votes - a 100% loss record.
Lied to the Queen.
Had the prorogation of parliament declared unlawful.
Being reported to the police and investigated for misconduct over links with a US citizen and preferential treatment
Being accused by a reputable journalist with a lot to lose, that he ‘groped’ her and a friend 20 years ago

Wonder what the next month will bring!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry but why have they waited 20 years until reporting a groping incident?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sorry guys, but all this Boris lied perlava , Every Politician since year dot has lied, that's what they do, it really is becoming boring, and very hypercritical ,
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Come on WHL, if you really believe that Boris is like all others...

🥴
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:14 pm Been in office for two months :

Became PM by default, voted in by his pals.
Lost the Tories Commons majority.
Trying to force a no-deal Brexit against the wishes of the electorate.
Kicked 21 Tory MPs out of the party.
Been defeated in six Commons votes - a 100% loss record.
Lied to the Queen.
Had the prorogation of parliament declared unlawful.
Being reported to the police and investigated for misconduct over links with a US citizen and preferential treatment
Being accused by a reputable journalist with a lot to lose, that he ‘groped’ her and a friend 20 years ago

Wonder what the next month will bring!
Give it a rest, unless you list all the many other Politicians, that are just as bad or worse, your just coming over as a sour loser.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:11 pm Come on WHL, if you really believe that Boris is like all others...

🥴
Yes, Politicians are self serving lieing scum bags in the main.
Varky

Post by Varky »

He will get round the Benn act by asking for an extension and then immediately withdraw that request. He can say that he sent the request. Please don't think that I agree with such a devious tactic because I don't. On the other hand I don't agree with the intention of the Benn Act.