Great news for Brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
PhotoLady

Great news for Brexit

Post by PhotoLady »

"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Mark

Re: Great news for Brexit

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the link.

This is mega posturing from the UK gov. They will not carry out this threat.

Clearly they are trying to force Renegotiation, which ain't going to happen.

For what it's worth, I feel (and hope) we will remain part of the Union, despite the threats from Johnsone et al.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

HIC
I am in the UK at the moment and no registering for me – Maybe because you are not that you have to register

Mark
“You Will” remain in the union if you live in Cyprus

Some people are happy to be dictated to by foreign powers, but the majority who voted to leave are not and I personally cannot wait for the day we are out completely regardless of any hardship or chaos it may cause we will survive we always have and I believe we will be better for it.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I live on Cyprus and unfortunately I could read this load of codswallop.

We have a section for Brexit rubbish do we not? to quote a 'dads army' actor we are all doomed.

When we leave Trans Am you will be one of the first to know how much better off we will all be.

:roll:
Jim.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

JimX

I have an opinion just like you and I know that brexit will cause hardship but I don’t care – At least we will have our country back and be able to make it great again – You are obviously one of those who preach doom and gloom and have no backbone where as the majority who voted to leave just want out regardless of the cost.
Mark

Post by Mark »

71 Trans Am wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:10 pm
JimX

I have an opinion just like you and I know that brexit will cause hardship but I don’t care – At least we will have our country back and be able to make it great again – You are obviously one of those who preach doom and gloom and have no backbone where as the majority who voted to leave just want out regardless of the cost.
I feel the majority will care, and think about the cost. The EU will evolve in a positive way, but only with a UK input.
Otherwise UK will be the not so great.

Dominic, can we leave this in the general section a little longer?
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Mark
Again – You have an opinion which I respect everyone is entitled to there own views
But I don’t think we will go back to the dark ages – I suspect we will suffer hardship initially but we are an industrious manufacturing nation with businesses determined to succeed no matter what and the pain I think will be short lived – I also believe that once we have left the dictatorship other countries will follow like a mass exodus and the European union will be no more
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The sooner some Gammons lose a vote by whatever means, the better. Hardship wished on ordinary citizens is not morally correct under any circumstances. The one who won’t are the ones steering the gullible and naive over the precipice.... God love us!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 pm The sooner some Gammons lose a vote by whatever means, the better. Hardship wished on ordinary citizens is not morally correct under any circumstances. The one who won’t are the ones steering the gullible and naive over the precipice.... God love us!
“Gammons”? By whatever means, I presume you mean as in ignoring a democratic vote? Join the Lib Dem’s, you’ll fit in really well.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Okay, I understand you cannot read the article so I will copy it - I've also had to go through to an incognito window and be bombarded with adverts, but here goes:

UK to end freedom of movement for EU citizens on day one of Brexit, under new government plan
New home secretary wants border restrictions imposed immediately on 31 October – despite warnings of people trapped in legal limbo.

Free movement for EU citizens will end on day one of a no-deal Brexit, under new Home Office plans – despite warnings of chaos and of people trapped in legal limbo.

Priti Patel, the new hardline home secretary, is pressing for border restrictions to be imposed immediately on 31 October, even though no replacement system is ready, The Independent has been told.

Previously, ministers had intended to delay scrapping free movement until new rules are in place, with a bill stuck in the Commons and fierce rows over what those rules should be.

The Liberal Democrats condemned the acceleration as “brutal”, warning it exposed Ms Patel as being “completely detached from reality”.

And the organisation representing more than 3 million EU citizens in the UK said: “This will open the door to discrimination. There are no systems in place.”

The dramatic shift comes despite the government declining to bring forward the stalled bill which would end free movement under a slower timetable, for fear of a Commons ambush.

Instead, Ms Patel believes she can act through secondary legislation, in a way that would bypass MPs of all parties who would oppose it.

Home Office officials have been sent to Singapore to copy its solution to technical issues, with the home secretary convinced it can be introduced quickly.

But Ed Davey, the Lib Dem home affairs spokesperson, said: “It is completely detached from reality and is next chapter in the never-ending saga of the utter mess they are making of Brexit.

“What would this mean for EU citizens who have made their home in the UK who have travelled abroad when they try to return?

END OF ARTICLE

And in response to JimGWard - yes, please all spend 8 minutes to listen to this:
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Jim g ward

Yours is another opinion jim - I don’t believe anyone is taking notice of the propaganda anymore as most are sick of hearing it so your theory of steering the gullible and naïve over the precipice does not really hold any water and who believes anything the government says anyway it is all lies and deceit no matter which party is in control. And nobody is wishing hardship on ordinary citizens it was a democratic vote which some are trying to overturn by any means possible, I take it you do not believe in democracy ?
Most of the ordinary people who voted out have nothing so have nothing to lose they just sick of being dictated to by Brussels It is the wealthy who are really worried they have had it too good for too long
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

[quote="

Some people are happy to be dictated to by foreign powers, but the majority who voted to leave are not and I personally cannot wait for the day we are out completely regardless of any hardship or chaos it may cause we will survive we always have and I believe we will be better for it.
[/quote]

That's an "I'm all right Jack" attitude & a f**k if I care if you lose your job or business because of a 'principal'.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Mike your statement does not make sense – Are you referring to the majority who voted to leave as “ I’m alright jack “ or to me personally who will be in the same position as everyone else when we leave all actions have consequences and if it hurts me I am prepared to take that hit and I am certainly not “alright jack” but prepared to suffer in the short term to get away from the long term suffering this country has endured.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Les Bean

This article was obviously written by another remoaner – All of these 98 reasons to stay are another load of crap put together by someone who wants to remain – why else would you sit and think of 98 reasons - You I take believe the uk is incapable of standing on its own two feet – Do you really think we are going to collapse and die if we leave – We will come back stronger than ever and others will follow – The dictatorship will fall apart sooner or later and many of the member countries will be begging for help from the uk - Some people have the backbone to succeed others just whinge and suffer anything that’s dished out to them.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

I agree that some of the statements may be true fact – But some remoaner has taken a lot of time to put all of this crap together to try and justify reasons for remaining when a democratic decision was made by the majority to leave, Why would anyone try to justify staying in after a decision has been made to get out, people just need to accept the vote and get us out of there the sooner the better and get on with life
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The divorce courts are full of people who change their mind. However, some claim that no one can be divorced from their initial Brexit ideas, be they remain or leave.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am Les Bean

This article was obviously written by another remoaner – All of these 98 reasons to stay are another load of crap put together by someone who wants to remain – why else would you sit and think of 98 reasons - You I take believe the uk is incapable of standing on its own two feet – Do you really think we are going to collapse and die if we leave – We will come back stronger than ever and others will follow – The dictatorship will fall apart sooner or later and many of the member countries will be begging for help from the uk - Some people have the backbone to succeed others just whinge and suffer anything that’s dished out to them.
I would be interested to know what we're going to come back stronger with. The UK has no heavy industry, no natural resources and the big earner "Services" are moving their offices to other countries within the EU.
All the UK does is assemble parts made in other European countries, the car industry being a prime example and it will be cheaper to move these assembly plants to other EU countries.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jim B wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:56 pm
71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am Les Bean

I would be interested to know what we're going to come back stronger with. The UK has no heavy industry, no natural resources and the big earner "Services" are moving their offices to other countries within the EU.
All the UK does is assemble parts made in other European countries, the car industry being a prime example and it will be cheaper to move these assembly plants to other EU countries.

Jim
Yes, but we have that idiot that owns Wetherspoons, who tells us all we will be just rosy! We used to have Mr Dyson, but he has buggered off already, after threatening to leave the UK if we voted to remain.... Or Rees-Mogg who has moved his principal business to Dublin....