Another Remain Loser

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: Another Remain Loser

Post by Jim B »

Below is an interesting read; these are all remain losers.

Jim

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/br ... 1566317533
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Les B

It's a pity you didn't include the remain cheats too, we all know that they did.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:17 pm Les B

It's a pity you didn't include the remain cheats too, we all know that they did.
I don’t! It was branded ‘project fear’ - but I think they underestimated how bad it could be!

It’s now widely being touted, that Brexit was about the ‘breakdown of core infrastructure” - I.e. NHS, schools, roads, trains and more.

Immigration being the blame. Strange where EU immigration has only 15% of people looking for a job, the rest either having one, partnering someone or studying. So, the vast majority are already paying taxes etc. on arrival and almost all are in work soon after.

The UK could also control that. They could have hade any form of control, such as Belgium. Therefore EU immigration was positive in paying more into the coffers and we could also control access to services. The NHS did not have to be free to all taxpayers. We could have made it chargeable for non-UK.

So, the real reasons are easily dispelled - as we have said so many times...
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

You don't know ? Well I suggest you research it.

It's ludicrous to say that the only cheats are Brexit supporters. We were lied to over and over again by remainers, they cheated financially too. Brexit's to blame for all the problems we 'might' have, or not, as the case may be, but until it happens, if indeed it ever does, we cannot know, conjecture is futile.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Firefly wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:55 pm Jim B

It's ludicrous to say that the only cheats are Brexit supporters. We were lied to over and over again by remainers, they cheated financially too. Brexit's to blame for all the problems we 'might' have, or not, as the case may be, but until it happens, if indeed it ever does, we cannot know, conjecture is futile.
A cursory search, such as the one I have just done will produce many articles on the lies told by Remain camp, far, far too many for me to put in here.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:55 pm Jim B

Jackie
I don't know what I don't know
What I do know is that Leave were reported by the Electoral Comiision to the police for unlawful activities during the referendum; Remain were fined by the Electoral Commission for overspending.
Totally different levels of cheating.
Not condoning either side.
Jim
Last edited by Jim B on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

For those who think Boris has softened, may I suggest reading tea leaves might give you better results with your forecasts.
From today's Telegraph.The process of Britain leaving the European Union will start in just 10 days' time after UK diplomats were ordered to dramatically reduce contact with their EU counterparts.

British officials will withdraw from hundreds of official meetings in Brussels as the deadline for leaving the EU approaches and will "only go to the meetings that really matter", Steve Barclay, the Brexit Secretary, said.
Instead the UK's 180 EU-based diplomats will go to meetings that affect the UK's key interests in areas such as security, defence and finance.
The "Brussels boycott" will start on Sept 1, just days before Remain-supporting MPs return to Parliament and are expected to look for ways to stop the UK leaving on Oct 31.
Mr Barclay set out the plans as Boris Johnson began a diplomatic drive to demand new terms from the EU
This comes after the Prime Minister ripped up the Northern Irish backstop - which will keep the UK in a customs union and the single market after Brexit until a solution is found to prevent a hard Irish border - and called for new terms for a deal in 10 weeks' time.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

[quote="Happy in Cyprus" post_id=94953 time=1566344488
Keep eating that humble pie Boris. It's not quite as easy as you thought it was going to be, is it? The EU have stuck together (as I would expect them to) and haven't been in the least intimidated by your threat of a Hard Brexit.

Oops. Today’s papers talk of both Merkel AND Macron stating the withdrawal agreement can be changed. Yep they’re really sticking together in the face of Boris’s so called threats aren’t they?🤣 Someone is eating pie but for sure it’s not Boris 😊( from today’s Telegraph) Brexit latest news: Major boost for Boris Johnson as Emmanuel Macron says Withdrawal Agreement can be amended
[/quote]
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49427007

Brexit: Backstop indispensable, Macron tells Johnson
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 am Jimgym, your grasp of politics appears no less flakey than your comprehension of forum quotes.

Both Merkel and Macron have politely told Boris to go away and come back in 30 days with an alternative to the Backstop.

In other words, very they've cleverly not given him the opportunity to blame the EU for intransigence, but rather said "you go away and come back with a better solution".

This could be a 'get out of jail free' card for Boris, so am sure he will be desperate to please/comply.
Lloyd, my grasp on politics is excellent. Sadly yours seems to be rather tenuous at best. Just because you wish Boris to be eating humble pie, doesn't actually make it so. Same as your oft ( and incredibly tedious and incorrect) quote that the EU holds all the cards. Perhaps next time you post your opinion, try basing it on something remotely resembling fact.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Alan
You have to admit that the Telegraph is to Brexiteers what Pravda (Truth) was to the Soviet Communists.
I actually do read Brexit supporting media and even the Telegraph but its editorials are at times works of fiction.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:40 am Alan
You have to admit that the Telegraph is to Brexiteers what Pravda (Truth) was to the Soviet Communists.
I actually do read Brexit supporting media and even the Telegraph but its editorials are at times works of fiction.

Jim
Oh it can be Jim, which is why I tend to steer clear of many of the opinion columns in there!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Boris tells us all, that there are technology solutions to the backstop - but wont enlighten us to them. No companies claiming they could help - despite the potential for hundreds of millions or billions of funding to do it.... tells you that there is nothing remotely close to it in the world just now. If there were a handful of crossing points, it would be different, but there are hundreds.

We shouldn’t assume, like many do, that this is purely to protect the EU - it’s part of the Good Friday agreement that open borders exist. The USA has already said that NO trade agreements with them could be created, unless the border remains open. So, any bright ideas from anyone, as to how you have open borders with totally different legal entities and customs on each side? Immigration? Tariffs? Monitoring of the quality of goods? ...
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

The “USA” hasn’t said anything Jim.
A few Democrat hard-liners have kicked up and said they would try their best to thwart a deal- but then, they would do that, wouldn’t they? Same lot who sent many millions of dollars over to the IRA during the troubles to help make a bad situation even worse. Nice people, Jim.
Jon.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

So, a few democrats being the Leader of the House? The one who decides on law?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

kingfisher wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:47 am The “USA” hasn’t said anything Jim.
A few Democrat hard-liners have kicked up and said they would try their best to thwart a deal- but then, they would do that, wouldn’t they? Same lot who sent many millions of dollars over to the IRA during the troubles to help make a bad situation even worse. Nice people, Jim.
Jon.
The same ones who fund Israel who is stealing land from Palestinians and persecuting Palestinians of all faiths? Where being non-Jewish in Israel is second-class.... The US has no good record in any aspects of foreign policy