What happened to the Boris posts

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
trevnhil

Re: What happened to the Boris posts

Post by trevnhil »

David Brown wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 pm I am a fan of Boris,he did a great job as mayor or London for two terms.
He is not the buffoon he is made out to be but a very clever politician, if anyone can pull it together he can.
Teresa May was so undecided it was a joke.
He has a hard climb but he will win through in the end.
53 millions pounds were wasted on the 'Garden Bridge' over the Thames.. That was a Boris idea, and just did not materialise.. Boris has had his failures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47228698
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

David Brown wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 pm I am a fan of Boris,he did a great job as mayor or London for two terms.
He is not the buffoon he is made out to be but a very clever politician, if anyone can pull it together he can.
Teresa May was so undecided it was a joke.
He has a hard climb but he will win through in the end.
No your correct Boris is not a Buffoon, that's an insult to the World's population of Buffoons.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Boris has a solid backbone just like Churchill.
All things are possible
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Some people just want him to fail before he’s given an real opportunity 🙄
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 am Boris has a solid backbone just like Churchill.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best laugh I've had all week.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:02 am
Lincoln wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 am Boris has a solid backbone just like Churchill.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best laugh I've had all week.
More like, he gets a boner over young ladies :shock:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

BoJo. Very Intelligent. Natural leader. Solid backbone. At last, someone to sort out the UK.
All things are possible
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:01 pm BoJo. Very Intelligent. Natural leader. Solid backbone. At last, someone to sort out the UK.
No backbone more like. 4 years ago he was a fervent remained. Believed in the single market. Changed his mind as opportunity to promote Boris. Cares naught for the country. Only Boris and the party. God help the world, with the most powerful countries led by Putin, Trump, Boris and Erdogan. Dictatorships anyone?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well, it's going to be a very interesting ride, to say the least....

I saw an article earlier this morning in the side column on the BBC News website but it seems to have disappeared now!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-49014791

For those who don't wish to click, a few snippets are here below:
The UK has a new prime minister, and while Boris Johnson's biggest challenge is delivering Brexit, he will soon find plenty more on his agenda.
World leaders will be eagerly studying Mr Johnson's previous opinions and positions to try to decide how he might act as prime minister.
Luckily, his two years as foreign secretary, decades of newspaper and magazine columns, and a wealth of interviews will provide them with plenty of material.

US: Trump's 'many, many good qualities'
The special relationship just got more special. Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are - if not best buddies, then keen admirers of one another.
It hasn't always been the case. In 2015, when Mr Trump was running for president, he falsely stated that parts of London were no-go areas. In response, Mr Johnson - then mayor of London - accused him of a "quite stupefying ignorance that makes him frankly unfit to hold the office of president of the United States".

Turkey: Creative rhyming
We're now in a situation where the leader of one country - Mr Johnson - has written a rude award-winning poem about the leader of another - Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Mr Johnson's 2016 limerick - which included an obscene reference to a goat and a creative new word to rhyme with "Ankara" - won him £1,000. He and Mr Erdogan met months later, and the limerick was apparently not mentioned.

Papua New Guinea: 'Cannibalism and chief-killing'
"For 10 years," he wrote in a newspaper column in 2006, "we in the Tory party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing."
He said he was happy to "add Papua New Guinea to my global itinerary of apology", but has not yet visited.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

If he achieves half of what he's pledged in his opening speech then the UK will be in a better position.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Aquila wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 pm If he achieves half of what he's pledged in his opening speech then the UK will be in a better position.
I pressed "like" by mistake, sorry!!

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Aquila wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 pm If he achieves half of what he's pledged in his opening speech then the UK will be in a better position.
I was going to say he's been full of false promises and lies all his professional life so I won't get too excited.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Hammond has stated that there is no money - it all means more borrowing - when already the Tories have failed, against their manifesto under Cameron, to eradicate the defecit. Hammond says no-deal will cost around £30bn. Boris took the 30 and spent 20 of it and said that £10bn was more than enough.

In his speech he has promised to fix everything. Won’t happen, not possible. It was a Trumpesque speech and he won’t sort any of it as he wont be in power to be caught out on all his failures.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 pm Hammond has stated that there is no money
A bit like what was said by the outgoing Labour Chancellor in 2010 and which has been repeated ad infinitum by the Tories as proof of Labour 's financial incompetence. After 9 years of Tory rule a bit rich(?).
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It reminds me of that song; Stuck in the Middle with that line, "Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right.

We now have a Foreign Secretary who wasn't aware Dover was the main hub to Europe. An Education Minister who was sacked for leaking state secrets and a Home Secretary who was fired for having unauthorised meetings with the Israeli government.
You couldn't make it up.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Varky wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 am
Jimgward wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 pm Hammond has stated that there is no money
A bit like what was said by the outgoing Labour Chancellor in 2010 and which has been repeated ad infinitum by the Tories as proof of Labour 's financial incompetence. After 9 years of Tory rule a bit rich(?).
Not really. Hammond was referring to Boris's extra spending plans.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Cannot believe the negativity on here,give the guy a chance.At least he,s committed to delivering Brexit,like it or not,pledging extra police,sorting the social care etc,etc.
If he doesn't deliver,then is the time to criticise.The lefties on here should should realise that if their beloved Labour party ever get in,the exchange rate out here will be a lot worse than it is now,Corbyn has already said he likes the way countries like Venezuala are run!.
The way Corbyns front bench and the SNP refused to stand and applaud the exiting Prime Minister,as did the rest of the house was pathetic.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You’re a little wound up, Tonee, methinks .... You know nothing of individuals leanings, so wrong to assume if yioure anti-Boris, you’re a ‘lefty’, or a labour voter, corbynista, or whatever .... half the Tory party dont like Boris, as you will soon see!
tonee

Post by tonee »

Wound up?Ha!The only thing what gets me "wound"up,is when my Keo is served warm.Ha.Lets wait and see.So,tell me Jimgward,who would you like to see Prime Minister?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Tone

How many chances do you give a person; he has been sacked several times for lying, caught defrauding the government on numerous occasions; when is enough enough? It's not about left or right it's about morals and principle of which Johnson appears to be sadly lacking.

Jim