Well said that man...(Guy Verhofstadt)

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: Well said that man...(Guy Verhofstadt)

Post by Jim B »

I'm in total dispair that people of our once great country would vote a charlaton to be Prime Minister; we are a laughing stock.

Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

One thing puzzles me concerning TM's exit deal and that it was subject to ratification by all other EU members or the EU parliament(?), so if it wasn't accepted by one then the EU would be coming back to the negotiating table. So why are they refusing to renegotiate when the UK parliament rejects the deal. Just asking and not commenting on Brexit itself.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well, it would normally be taken as read that if the UK team had accepted a deal then it would get through parliament, given that the UK team was controlled by the party in power. One would assume that the government would have to ok the deal in the first place, and the vote would in effect be a rubber stamp. The problem is that the government is in complete meltdown at the moment. Its MPs won't vote for their own plan.

When you are dealing with this level of stupidity, you can't just keep saying "ok go away and have another think about it", you have to draw the line somewhere.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Crack on Boris.