The Ugly side of The Brexit party stirring Racial tensions

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

The Ugly side of The Brexit party stirring Racial tensions

Post by Jimgward »

West Midlands Labour (@WMLabour) Tweeted:
Angry Brexit Party supporters at Birmingham count telling first British-Asian Sikh woman MEP @NeenaGmep to “go home” exposes an ugly truth.

outasite

Re: The Ugly side of The Brexit party stirring Racial tensions

Post by outasite »

Jimgward wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 pm West Midlands Labour (@WMLabour) Tweeted:
Angry Brexit Party supporters at Birmingham count telling first British-Asian Sikh woman MEP @NeenaGmep to “go home” exposes an ugly truth.

I couldn't make out what she was saying that riled the Brexit Party members, neither could I hear anyone telling her to go home. Any ideas what she was saying?
June

Post by June »

Can't get into it to decide :?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Still cant hear what the Labour MEP is saying as she is being heckled by Brexit supporters who obviously cant accept that they didnt win.
One woman shouted how dare you call us fascists
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I'm not passing judgement on anybody until I see a transcript of what was said. I've seen far too many heavily edited clips to trust anything in isolation.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 am I'm not passing judgement on anybody until I see a transcript of what was said. I've seen far too many heavily edited clips to trust anything in isolation.
Well said! :shock:
josef k

Post by josef k »

Whereas Farage says he is not anti-immigration as such, although he does heavily qualify that stance at every opportunity. His party (whether UKIP or Brexit) does attract those who definitely are anti immigration, anti foreigner, and racist. That is not to say all Brexit Party supporters are described that way, but many are. Therefore we should not be surprised to hear of such conduct from Brexit Party activists.
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

I used a good pair of headphones. It was very very clear.
I would also add that it would be quite difficult to heavily edit this - note how the voices nearer the microphone recording source are considerably louder than the speaker's voice, and fade or surge as they turn their heads, or move.
I certainly heard "go home", along with the F word.
But I realise there will always be people who would deny this ever happens in lovely England.

The video I watched was posted at
12:19 PM - May 27, 2019. How long after the declaration?

Some commentary in the ES here
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 52196.html

Brexit Party candidate Vishal Khatri – who is himself of Asian heritage and was present at the declaration - confirmed that the shout of “Go home” came from their group, but denied it was racist.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 32831.html

So they don't seem to be denying it.
Dominus illuminatio mea
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Such ugly behaviour from a minority of people. Between this and the man canvassing and allegedly having a milkshake thrown at him things are getting nasty.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Sadly, brexit is bringing out the worst in some... It is true to say, that almost all racists support Brexit, but not all supporters of brexit are racists!

Farage appeals to a 'nationalist' mindset - where UK goog, EU bad appeals - it was supported and setup by Johnson and others and by the media.

This type of nationalism is dangerous and can easily become much more - trending towards a type of fascism - from Farage who was never chosen as 'leader' and yet will retain control of his 'company'
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lionelcyprus wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:34 pm I used a good pair of headphones. It was very very clear.
I would also add that it would be quite difficult to heavily edit this - note how the voices nearer the microphone recording source are considerably louder than the speaker's voice, and fade or surge as they turn their heads, or move.
I certainly heard "go home", along with the F word.
But I realise there will always be people who would deny this ever happens in lovely England.

The video I watched was posted at
12:19 PM - May 27, 2019. How long after the declaration?

Some commentary in the ES here
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 52196.html

Brexit Party candidate Vishal Khatri – who is himself of Asian heritage and was present at the declaration - confirmed that the shout of “Go home” came from their group, but denied it was racist.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 32831.html

So they don't seem to be denying it.
You have completely missed the point. The clip doesn't show what the speaker said beforehand. If she called over a million people in the UK fascists then I would say she gave as good as she got.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 6.html?amp

Nigel Farage to address far-right rally in Germany
Former Ukip leader accepts invitation by the granddaughter of Hitler's finance minister, Beatrix von Storch, to speak at Spandau Citadel in Berlin
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

What the hell does it matter if Frau von Storch was the granddaughter of Hitler's finance minister??????? Oh, yes, I know; it is to discredit her by proxy. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Devil

When the media refer to Marine LePen it is often in reference to her father.....

If you read the article, she is not a nice person and while the media perhaps should not make those references, it's what happens....

Soames - the Grandson of Winston Churchill ....