Prime minister

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Re: Prime minister

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm Interesting that Theresa May was in tears at her own loss, but never cried for Grenfell victims, the 4m kids under the poverty level, the handicapped who are worse off with cuts, the immigrants from the Caribbean she caused untold anguish to ...

Tears of self-sympathy
How do you know she didn't cry for those people? Perhaps, despite her many flaws she did it in private and acted with some class. There's a lesson in that......
smudger

Post by smudger »

"Interesting that Theresa May was in tears at her own loss, but never cried for Grenfell victims, the 4m kids under the poverty level, the handicapped who are worse off with cuts, the immigrants from the Caribbean she caused untold anguish to ...

Tears of self-sympathy"

What absolute tosh. Why on earth does someone have to cry to prove their empathy with people? And how do you know what tears she sheds in private?? I would far rather have a PM who could cope and deal with emergencies and problems than one who simply dissolves in tears at every crisis.

Now I remember why I don't read your posts.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgym wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 pm
Jimgward wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm Interesting that Theresa May was in tears at her own loss, but never cried for Grenfell victims, the 4m kids under the poverty level, the handicapped who are worse off with cuts, the immigrants from the Caribbean she caused untold anguish to ...
years of self-sympathy
How do you know she didn't cry for those people? Perhaps, despite her many flaws she did it in private and acted with some class. There's a lesson in that......
She cried for herself not for any of the groups referred to. Did you actually see her speech at the lectern. The Windrush scandal was born under her tenure as Home Secretary. She called a General Election and threw away a majority. This contributed to the situation with the ERG and DUP. If she had class she would have gone after that debacle. She was a catastrophe.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

smudger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:18 pm "Interesting that Theresa May was in tears at her own loss, but never cried for Grenfell victims, the 4m kids under the poverty level, the handicapped who are worse off with cuts, the immigrants from the Caribbean she caused untold anguish to ...

Tears of self-sympathy"

What absolute tosh. Why on earth does someone have to cry to prove their empathy with people? And how do you know what tears she sheds in private?? I would far rather have a PM who could cope and deal with emergencies and problems than one who simply dissolves in tears at every crisis.

Now I remember why I don't read your posts.
I though I had you blocked as the “teacher hater’`

So why cry for herself? No dignity. She dealt with no emergencies properly. Everything under her tenure has been a shambles. She will go down in history as one of the worst PMs ever.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Varky , I'm intrigued, yet again you say that she cried for herself. Please explain why a PM crying for every distressed group in the UK throughout their tenure helps anyone??

It's irrelevant. Grief is a personal emotion, some show it, some don't. Why in heavens name does it matter!

A PM crying over every tragedy she/he confronts throughout their tenure is surely not the image any of us wishes to constantly see?

And what about male PMs? I recall both Gordon Brown and David Cameron being quite choked when they made their resignation speeches. Did you expect them to cry over every distressing incident in their tenures as PM?

I suspect not.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Jim G, no change there then.

1) I don't hate teachers, stop putting words in my mouth. Having worked alongside them for thirteen years and seen how they treat anyone who is not a teacher, I just have little respect for them. Having dealt with ISOP for the last 6 years I see nothing has changed, quite the reverse.

2) Stop changing the subject. The subject was - your accusations that she only cried for herself.you have absolutely no knowledge of this. Clearly you are unable to answer this affirmation. The Windrush scandal, the General election she called, the ERG and the DUP are nothing whatsoever to do with your accusations about her crying. As ever, when you lose the argument you just change the subject. Stop it, answer the post, not your own personal hobby horses.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:15 am May demonstrates the difference between resolute and stubborn. She is the latter. Seems completely unable to take the hint.
Deluded HIC is what you meant.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I actually laughed at the end of the speech when she said 'because I love my country' burst into tears turned and walked away.
So does everyone else, good riddance
David
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I actually didn't want her to resign, as I feel a second referendum has to happen. She has been incompetent at every level. She has also refused to deal with every-day issues that need sorted, as she has used brexit as an excuse to refuse to consider the issues in the NHS and society. We now face the horror prospects of Johnson as PM and he will try to force a no-deal brexit - although hopefully parliament will knock him back as well.

I see no future in UK politics at present. I don't want Corbyn, Johnson, McVey, Rab, Hunt, Fox, Gove and many more to lead the country downhill.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:33 am I see no future in UK politics at present. I don't want Corbyn, Johnson, McVey, Rab, Hunt, Fox, Gove and many more to lead the country downhill.
None of them could lead the country downhill. We are already at the bottom of a gorge. :evil: :evil:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

About the only MP in the running that I have any time for is Rory Stewart, and that is only after I actually listened to some interviews he gave.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is an interesting debate:

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

Two Old-Etonians enjoying a chinwag.

What sort of choice will the Conservative party members have, on our behalf? Maybe - an Old Etonian, verses - an Old Etonian. A Brave New World indeed.

“Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.”
Yes - a quote from an Old Etonian!
In fact, Rory, Boris and Aldous all went to Eton and Balliol!
Small World.
Dominus illuminatio mea