US Abortion Laws

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

US Abortion Laws

Post by Dominic »

Personally, I am against abortion, with the usual caveats regarding health of the woman, rape etc.

However, I don't think that it should be made illegal, and I find it quite appalling to see what is happening in certain parts of the US at the moment.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/05/15/alab ... ape-cases/

May 14 (Reuters) – Alabama’s state Senate passed a bill on Tuesday to outlaw nearly all abortions, creating exceptions only to protect the mother’s health, as part of a multistate effort to have the U.S. Supreme Court reconsider a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.

The country’s strictest abortion bill was previously approved by the Alabama House of Representatives and will now go to Republican Governor Kay Ivey, who has withheld comment on whether she would sign but is generally a strong opponent of abortion.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Re: US Abortion Laws

Post by Jimgym »

A very emotive subject. I will always stand by a woman's right to choose. I cannot see the Supreme Court overturning Roe Vs Wade through.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Very emotive, but while we have some groups arguing for termination right up to 40 weeks, then there will always be arguments.

I’ve never heard prospective parents refer to the pregnancy and a ‘foetus’, nor abortion promoters refer to a ‘baby’.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:53 am Personally, I am against abortion, with the usual caveats regarding health of the woman, rape etc.

However, I don't think that it should be made illegal, and I find it quite appalling to see what is happening in certain parts of the US at the moment.
I'm with you on this one. Against abortion as a means of birth control. Parts of the USA are prehistoric, Alabama being amongst the worst.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

5 years for rape and incest. 99 years for doctor who aborts and more than 10 years for the victim.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm 5 years for rape and incest. 99 years for doctor who aborts and more than 10 years for the victim.
Antediluvian :( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: