Tactical Voting in the EU Elections

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Tactical Voting in the EU Elections

Post by Dominic »

So I can read them.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

This is an article relating to Remain being fined though at least where the money came from is transparent unlike Leave where large amounts of money are untraceable and includes a lot of subterfuge and misleading information.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/fo ... m-expenses
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:00 pm Jim

I quite agree with you that two wrongs don't make a right, but I do find it strange that links to articles which only criticise the leave side are posted, as if the remain side are totally innocent of wrong doing, Electoral Commission or not, members of remain have been fined. It's easy enough to 'Google'.

Jackie
Jackie

I don’t think it bears comparison. Also, many have asked for the positive reasons for leaving the EU and nothing. Also, what negatives existed relating to membership previously?

I’d dearly love to know what I have to look forward to ...
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

You can always use 'Google'. That said, because I have never posted a link, I don't know how to, secondly I have too much going on in my life right now to be bothered if I did know, and thirdly, I don't believe in wasting my time doing things that posters are quite capable of doing for themselves.

Jim GW

I do think it bears comparison, One is either honest or dishonest, end of for me.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jackie, that’s your opinion, which is fine, but I think most would regard severity as appropriate to compare. A bit like, does petty theft from a shop bear comparison to housebreaking and assault in someone’s home.

There's much that should be investigated regarding Russian money and influence and it’s telling it isn’t being. Look at Irish newspapers, who cannot understand why it isn’t.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm Dominic

You can always use 'Google'. That said, because I have never posted a link, I don't know how to, secondly I have too much going on in my life right now to be bothered if I did know, and thirdly, I don't believe in wasting my time doing things that posters are quite capable of doing for themselves.

Jim GW

I do think it bears comparison, One is either honest or dishonest, end of for me.

Jackie
Well there's the answer to the question: "why aren't links posted about remain fines?" which you posted earlier. You can't be arsed to post them.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Can't be arsed ! Thank you for your polite, gentlemanly comment.

As it happens my husband is seriously ill in hospital at present, however, I do like to 'converse' with posters on PL during my periods at home, to take my mind off my problems, if that offends, I certainly do not apologise for it !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

Thank you for your kind words, and many thanks for the information re. links. I'll give it a try soon.

Jackie
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hello Jackie

I wish your husband a speedy recovery, at the end of the day family is all important. We may agree or disagree on things but they pale into insignificance when our loved ones are seriously Ill.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm Can't be arsed ! Thank you for your polite, gentlemanly comment.

As it happens my husband is seriously ill in hospital at present, however, I do like to 'converse' with posters on PL during my periods at home, to take my mind off my problems, if that offends, I certainly do not apologise for it !
I wasn't offended, don't worry. :)

But much more importantly than that, I echo Lloyd and Jim's wishes that your husband make a speedy recovery. Hope he gets well soon. :)
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It would appear that the joe public across the EU isn’t too enamored with the club anymore....I was talking to Dutch friend and German work associate recently and have both said they wished their countries would have a referendum on leaving as they were both sure “leave” would be a winners.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Well we voted this week, and if the government hasn't got the message by now, they never will. I still say I won't live to see it, too many pigs with their snouts in the trough.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:51 pm Well we voted this week, and if the government hasn't got the message by now, they never will. I still say I won't live to see it, too many pigs with their snouts in the trough.
Well, thank God 1) the infamous Eleni was not reelected and 2) a TC was elected for the first time!
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

Devil wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 pm Well, thank God 1) the infamous Eleni was not reelected and 2) a TC was elected for the first time!
2) is a bit of a surprise, but good for the future, I hope. Pity all elected are men.
Dominus illuminatio mea