What has the EU ever done for us?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
kingfisher

Re: What has the EU ever done for us?

Post by kingfisher »

Thanks for making my day Lloyd.
#7 “Putting more snow on ski-slopes”
Anyone for a bent cucumber sandwich?
Jon.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Well HiC, you must be very grateful that, at the moment, you are citizen of a country that has as a prime minister, a liar and cheat who, since day one of her being put in charge, has worked tirelessly to hoodwink a nation and keep us in as full members of the EU.
jeba

Post by jeba »

While I think it´s undeniable that some EU regulations are very useful some are are pain. E. g. as of recently non-professional EU residents can no longer buy US-exchange traded funds or notes as the risks associated with such financial instruments are deemed to high. So you´re being protected from yourself. As if purchasing individual stocks rather than funds would be less risky. Mindboggling and annoying!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Doesn't youtube already detect copyright music though? I thought that when it did it automatically stuck adverts on the clip and gave the money to the copyright holder.

I found this out when I did some films for our daughter, using Fallout 4 to generate the content. It was for an Easter Egg hunt. Clues which led to the final location. That sort of thing. Anyway, one of the things about Fallout 4 is that they play a lot of music from the 50s in the background, if a radio happens to be on in-game. Youtube detected this, and the film clip was automatically monetised on behalf of the copyright holder. I was actually quite impressed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yes, YouTube will take down videos which infringe the music copyright laws - or they will ask you to confirm your rights to air the music with the video.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I've had notifications the video I posted has not been made public due to the music contained within it - both on YouTube and Facebook... Usually because the radio was playing at the time I was recording the footage rather than music I've added myself.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

If you were an artist, I’m sure copyright would be a massive issue for you. I think there needs to be agreement re a ‘portion” of a song and accreditation.