May Looking At Fourth Vote

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

May Looking At Fourth Vote

Post by ApusApus »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47756122

Will it be a whitewash for the Commons or will she win 1-0 with 3 disallowed goals? What a shambles ……… 😖

Shane
Jimgward

Re: May Looking At Fourth Vote

Post by Jimgward »

That’s democracy. No choice is is one-off
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

This choice is a one off though Jim, it’s the same thing she’s trying to get through without any real changes.

The EU have have their bully boy boots on again. Remember when Greece and Cyprus were in the mire? Tsipras stuck two fingers up to the EU and they came to help more so than when Anastasiades who said the they want to be part of the EU. Greece’s debt to Cyprus was written off and the people of Cyprus had to stump up the damage out of their savings. Likewise, May was / is a remainer and therefore been trodden over by them too!

She will have great difficulty in the getting this vote over the line unless she changes it...something she won’t / can’t do?!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You are seriously blaming the EU for this mess? :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

M.A.Y
And Snoop Mogg

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The blame for this mess lies fairly and squarely at the UK's doorstep. Nobody else is to blame.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well, we all know what Victor Meldrew would be saying.....
Really, does this woman not know when to stop?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Varky

Post by Varky »

A fourth vote? They are not electing a pope, are they?
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:22 pm The blame for this mess lies fairly and squarely at the UK's doorstep. Nobody else is to blame.
Totally agree, UK political representatives rolled over at every stage of negotiations with the EU. A harder line might have reaped rewards.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

ronk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 pm "Nobody else is to blame".. really?..no of course not Dominic ..of course the EU has nothing to do with this. What an utterly predictable response from you! ..no surprise there!!

How many times in your life have you ever found, on reflection, that an issue as complex as this is SO simple... "it's all their fault"..

From a recent poll - https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/ ... john-major

"And if no agreement is reached on the terms of Britain’s future relationship with the EU by 29th March, the UK Government and Conservative MPs get much of the blame. Nearly half (48%) say the Government would be to blame (up from 35% in December) followed by 35% saying Conservative MPs would be to blame (up from 31%). A third (32%) would blame the EU (up from 27%) while 28% would blame Brexit campaigners (down from 35%). A quarter (23%) would blame the Labour Party and Remain campaigners while 10% would blame other opposition parties."

Can you believe that a third of respondents would blame the EU?

nah..the EU have got nothing to do with it have they Dom?!..that 32% must be thickos and /or deluded eh?..this mess is nothing to do with the EU.

In the words of John McEnroe.......
68% don't blame the EU, so what exactly is your point?

And if you are keen on opinion polls, what about all the polls suggesting the public want to remain in Europe now?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/brexit- ... endum-odds
Varky

Post by Varky »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:20 pm A fair line, supported by Parliament and the people.
Supported by parliament, in view of recent events, you must be joking. Supported by the people. Not in my view.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Funny how she can have as many goes as she likes but when there's any talk of a people's vote, it falls on deaf ears. How many goes does she get before she gets the answer she wants to hear?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I was inferring nothing, and stating facts.

You can infer what you want.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 pm
PhotoLady wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 pm Funny how she can have as many goes as she likes but when there's any talk of a people's vote, it falls on deaf ears. How many goes does she get before she gets the answer she wants to hear?
We had a “people’s vote”, the people voted to leave. “She” is trying to deliver that vote, so exactly what part of that is difficult to understand? How many people’s votes do we have? Oh I know...until it goes your way perhaps?
So democracy only counts if it is going your way, is that it?

given that May is now trying to have the same vote for the fourth time, you've got some balls to suggest the public shouldn't be allowed a second vote.
Varky

Post by Varky »

All this talk about Teresa May looking for a fourth vote and equating it to a second referendum is just hot air. Teresa May has, in theory, only had one vote for her 'backstop' deal. It's just that her echo politics makes her think that if she repeats herself over and over again, eventually it will pass. Much the same as the call for a second referendum. What she did was deceitful and so would be a second referendum.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

If any of you care to check, a referendum is only a litmus test of feeling and not law. Not even something that parliament is obliged to act upon.

Government were elected to rule the country and they aren’t doing it. They weren’t elected on personal or localised manifestos, so have no obligation to represent the feeling in their area. You don’t like that? Vote them out.

Democracy is not a one-shot exercise and anyone who believes, like Rees-Mogg, that we should leave with no deal, is as deluded, or as corrupt as he is. His company has made a £136m profit on the back of brexit. All shifted into their offshore accounts. No taxes in the UK. He personally made £7m and pays no tax on it.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:23 am Not as much as Mrs May who is actually trying to deliver the will of the people, those that bothered to vote in the referendum, those that voted to leave. I can’t remember anything about, “if you don’t get it right, it’s okay you can vote again” and again and again, until you get it right. The referendum gave the mandate to the government to deliver its result, the result was to leave, that is what Mrs May is attempting to do. So perhaps if you and others actually had the balls to get behind that decision we would be in a better place than we are now.
Well as you've freely admitted on several occasions you never bothered to vote so according to your "mantra" you should have no say in the proceedings.
I often wonder when you left the army did you take your guns with you or a couple of tanks or did the top brass say no, you can't have them because you're leaving the regiment and you can't have the benefits of being in the army after you leave? Or have you got a few guns tucked away and a couple of tanks parked on your driveway?

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The logistics made it difficult? What utter bunk!

I can understand not wanting to vote because you think that you don't live in the UK so it's not up to you. But blaming logistics? :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Of course when I say "the public" I mean "the majority of the public". When have the entire population ever agreed about anything? You are just being pedantic.