Petition to revoke Article 50 ...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
bromerzz

Re: Petition to revoke Article 50 ...

Post by bromerzz »

Don't panic Mr Mannering.
What will be will be and we can't do owt about it.
WHL

Post by WHL »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:22 am Blair and Brown caused all this by opening the flood gates to the UK the promised land. We never had to even consider leaving the EU until that. Lots of nationals from French colonies and Europe came over. In the UK we cant cope with it. We have people sleeping on the streets and food banks. It is a shambles total shite 3rd world and it jolly well stinks. We had the odd person we called a tramp. Bleeding hell we have 150 people sleeping rough as they have no where heart breaking. Flood gates and ENOCH Powell. Put a pound in take 50 out. Hope I've not upset anyone but heart felt post.
Enoch Powell as a minister, encouraged immigrants from the West Indies, to come over to Britain to work for the NHS.... you need to read up mate, before lording, old Enoch.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Stelios, I am absolutely amazed at the Language you use, there is no need for it at all. But you seem to get away with it :-(

Quote removed :-)
Last edited by trevnhil on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It would be a lot easier to remove posts if people didn't quote them. Just sayin'
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Steliosbwfc, this is your final warning. Respect the rules of the board or you are out.

For some reason, your expletive slipped through the censor. I have updated it, in case anybody is puzzled by the previous posts.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Stelio seems to imply that immigration and particularly of blacks, has fuelled Brexit. He might not be wrong.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I should say..... for many ... Brexit has always been regarded as a protest vote following let downs over austerity, minimum wages, zero-hour contracts and more.... but for too many, it was racism, fuelled by the likes of farage’s Poster
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:24 pm Stelio seems to imply that immigration and particularly of blacks, has fuelled Brexit. He might not be wrong.
How wrong can you get? Brexit had nothing whatsoever to do with black people, but it may have implications for Polish plumbers, French onion-sellers or Italian aioli-makers. If you restrict these European guys, you will need Indians and Africans to fill the Sits.Vac., so their numbers would increase
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Devil wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:16 pm
Jimgward wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:24 pm Stelio seems to imply that immigration and particularly of blacks, has fuelled Brexit. He might not be wrong.
How wrong can you get? Brexit had nothing whatsoever to do with black people, but it may have implications for Polish plumbers, French onion-sellers or Italian aioli-makers. If you restrict these European guys, you will need Indians and Africans to fill the Sits.Vac., so their numbers would increase
Devil. You are so wrong. Why do you think k Farage stood in front of a poster of a line of black people. Listening to phone in shows, it was obvious a very large percentage of people were fooled into thinking that the EU was responsible for all immigrants coming to the UK. Many were pushed into showing their racist tendencies. When james o’brien Talked to callers who voted leave, almost every one eventually admitted immigration was their main concern. Most said borders and sovereignty and eu laws, but when quizzed couldn’t name any or named ones that boris or the mail had made up so we’re left only with immigration.

When people live a life that is more austere than before, it is easy to convince many that it’s immigrants that are the fault. Taking all the benefits, school places, NHS lists, jobs.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The last time I looked, there wernt many Black Poles/ eastern europeans, coming into the UK....
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:37 pm
Devil. You are so wrong.
So you say.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:11 pm It was also about leaving a Federalist State in the making..and whilst there is a small racist faction, it is not racist to realise that your country simply cannot survive an unfettered, uncontrolled immigration policy, unable to withstand or indeed sustain the sheer weight of an ever increasing population.
Hudswell
You still regurgitate your same old disproved arguments time after time after time, a bit like the PM with her failed Brexit Plan. The tools were always available to the UK governments to restrict movement of EU citizens but it was decided not to use them. The numbers of immigrants from the Indian subcontinent are still rising with little said or done by the government.
It's time you started laying the blame where it lies, not with the EU but with the UK government. We've always had a veto against Federalism, another point you continue to ignore.

As for Stelios; I'm not senstive enough to be offended by what he writes, there's nothing he's written that you don't hear every time you watch a movie, unless you only watch Bambi of course.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

You may well not be offended, others may be, it is often a sign of a limited vocabulary. I'm no shrinking violet, but I believe that I and others should be able to join in threads on this forum, without having to read unnecessary offensive language. As for the movies/TV, personally I feel that a lot of the violence and obscene language used by young people today is the result, because it has been accepted without complaint or discipline.

Jackie
Last edited by Firefly on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

An excellent quote I read today sums it up really; " Not all who voted for Brexit are racist but all racists voted for Brexit".

Jackie

I do actually agree with you regarding vocabulary and also being polite at all times but at the same time we are a broad church and everyone has different ways of expressing themselves.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Possiblely he was just making an observation that the vast majority of Brexit campaigners are Caucasian, hardly racist I would have thought. Not many Ethnic Minority members in the EDL which had a large representation at the demonstration yesterday.

Jim
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

First sorry if I upset people with the passion I express. 2nd the UK is folding slowly due to the influx of none working people. We have enough of our own lazy sods that wont graft. 5 pounds in the pot 15 out and who picks the tenner up me and you. Its my view and not about the colour of a person and like ive said before I have black and asian mates who have the same views as me who work hard. You dont work you dont come in. Australia and Canada have it right takes months to enter and if you dont meet the criteria thats it. Im not out to upset no one but will curb my passion when posting. Remember this fine country was built by men who lost their lives to keep us free. How many would turn up at a trench if they saw todays UK.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

ronk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:02 pm >Stelios..you say "How many would turn up at a trench if they saw todays UK."

It seems to me that, unsurprisingly for a forum of this type , most posters on here have already left the UK..so go figure..

..and don't hold your breath.
Yeah fully undesrand you as most live in CYP and have loved ones still in the UK. But the trenches was a refrence to world war 1 and would they turn up if they saw todays UK. Which where ever you live is the reason you are free today.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

:lol:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

As a descendent of Irish immigrants, forced to leave by famine enacted by the U.K. I feel the UK benefited from my forefathers ilk and also that of many other immigrants to the UK. Many were ‘owed’ a place by the UK and many still are.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

As a descendent of Irish immigrants, Forced( Nope helped out) to leave by famine enacted by the U.K. I feel the UK benefited from my forefathers ilk and also that of many other immigrants to the UK. Many were ‘owed’ a place by the UK and many still are. No you are wrong and we have more than done our bit to repair the empire billions in aid.!