Petition to revoke Article 50 ...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
STELIOSBWFC

Re: Petition to revoke Article 50 ...

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

:arrow:
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 am As a descendent of Irish immigrants, forced to leave by famine enacted by the U.K. I feel the UK benefited from my forefathers ilk and also that of many other immigrants to the UK. Many were ‘owed’ a place by the UK and many still are.
im wrong you are right.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

WHL

Post by WHL »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:22 pm First sorry if I upset people with the passion I express. 2nd the UK is folding slowly due to the influx of none working people. We have enough of our own lazy sods that wont graft. 5 pounds in the pot 15 out and who picks the tenner up me and you. Its my view and not about the colour of a person and like ive said before I have black and asian mates who have the same views as me who work hard. You dont work you dont come in. Australia and Canada have it right takes months to enter and if you dont meet the criteria thats it. Im not out to upset no one but will curb my passion when posting. Remember this fine country was built by men who lost their lives to keep us free. How many would turn up at a trench if they saw todays UK.
Many who lost their lives, were fine Black and Asian men, from the commonwealth
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

We know that, what's your point ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:46 pm We know that, what's your point ?
I was replying to Stelios, is that OK with you :roll:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

To return to what this thread should be about, the 6 million mark has been reached.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL,

Yes it is ok with me, but this is a forum where one believes that any member of P.L. can post, yes ? Don't be so sensitive. 8-)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:51 pm WHL,

Yes it is ok with me, but this is a forum where one believes that any member of P.L. can post, yes ? Don't be so sensitive. 8-)
In this case I was replying to Stelios, Im sure Stelios is big enough and ugly enough to reply for himself, without your, futile post, cheers
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Hudswell wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 pm Only another 11 million to push then...
Another typically stupid remark from you. This was not a referendum, it was a simple non-binding petition that achieved its aim of raising awareness.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

If it's a one to one conversation you require, may I suggest that you send a PM, rather than 'blow a fuse' over other posts. As for futile, I suggest you peruse your own posts.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

At 16:30 a debate will take place in Westminster Hall on Brexit-related petitions - including one that amassed six million signatures
So this 'stupid' petition will be considered today.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:12 pm
Devil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:19 pm
Hudswell wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 pm Only another 11 million to push then...
Another typically stupid remark from you. This was not a referendum, it was a simple non-binding petition that achieved its aim of raising awareness.
Oh I think awareness had already been raised don’t you? Actually a stupid petition that people like you like to give oxygen to.
Why is it stupid, it's the only way more than half the population of the UK who support remain can have its concerns highlighted because up to now we just do not exist as far as the two main parties are concerned. The country is split right down the middle because of attitudes like yours.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You choose to ignore that more people now support remaining in the EU than leaving and as far as you are concerned and the two main political parties only 17.4 million people exist. You expect people who fundamentally disagree with Brexit to fall in line with what is after all a minority of the British electorate which you call democracy.

Jim
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

An easy way to solve this conundrum is to hold a binding Parliamentary vote on all the options available! If no majority, say 70 or 75% (to be agreed) is achieved then a further vote is taken on the 2 most popular options and then the one with the most votes is the winner!

Any MP who abstains from voting will be barred for 5 years! 😉

Shane
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:30 pm WHL

If it's a one to one conversation you require, may I suggest that you send a PM, rather than 'blow a fuse' over other posts. As for futile, I suggest you peruse your own posts.
Not at all always good to hear sensible replies, alas yours wasnt one of them.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It was a question, I failed to see why your remarks in red were relevant, and you still haven't explained why you considered that they were. That said, rudeness is not a valid response in my view.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Some posters on here are saying that most people support remain now,how on earth can anybody know this?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Tonee,

They can't, it's just wishful thinking.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:34 pm Tonee,

They can't, it's just wishful thinking.
You have your head in the clouds. The graph below shows the average of 65 recent polls with the latest (30 March) one at 46% remain and 39% leave. All the individual polls show a majority for remain, so switch your wishful thinking round. In fact, it shows consistent remain all this year.
2019-04-02_174606.jpg
2019-04-02_174606.jpg (48.59 KiB) Viewed 4163 times