Well Anybody That thought German Industry .... !

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

Well Anybody That thought German Industry .... !

Post by ApusApus »

So for all those that think the EU has a united front, maybe the Germans amongst others have other ideas https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47223787?

Shane
living the dream

Re: Well Anybody That thought German Industry .... !

Post by living the dream »

You can post that ApusApus - its all false, just like George Soros comments the other day - not that the usual brigade made any comments on, one can only assume they were just dismissive - funny really because when Soros has posted negative comments about Brexit it has been jumped on straight away by the EU is Benevolent Brigade likewise the BBC Link will be dismissed as it does not suit certain posters rose tinted view.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A German think tank thinks the EU should give concessions in order to maintain a post-Brexit customs union.

What is the story? Think tanks are allowed to think. It kind of goes with the territory.

And as to this:

You can post that ApusApus - its all false, just like George Soros comments the other day - not that the usual brigade made any comments on, one can only assume they were just dismissive - funny really because when Soros has posted negative comments about Brexit it has been jumped on straight away by the EU is Benevolent Brigade likewise the BBC Link will be dismissed as it does not suit certain posters rose tinted view.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I am similarly confused by :living the dream”

I do think that other trades across the EU will not want us breaking out of a customs union - and why should they?

Just like, why should any exporting business in the UK, want a more difficult and more expensive market?

Too many listen to the ERG groups’ garbage that is self-centered and onl to help them and their ilk benefit.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

living the dream wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 pm You can post that ApusApus - its all false, just like George Soros comments the other day - not that the usual brigade made any comments on, one can only assume they were just dismissive - funny really because when Soros has posted negative comments about Brexit it has been jumped on straight away by the EU is Benevolent Brigade likewise the BBC Link will be dismissed as it does not suit certain posters rose tinted view.
Sorry, I'm confused here! Are you saying that the report is "false" or are you saying that the report "will be dismissed as it does not suit certain posters rose tinted view" which implies that there is some truth in it ...................... surely it's one or the other?

Shane
jeba

Post by jeba »

Isn´t remaining in the customs union what Brexiteers don´t want?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

jeba wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 pm Isn´t remaining in the customs union what Brexiteers don´t want?
Nobody knows, as the Referendum purely asked if people wanted to leave. Nobody, to this day, can establish what that means to even the majority of brexiteers ...
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Sorry - It should have read you "cannot post that" - it was meant in humour / tongue in cheek but was lost in the way I typed it. My point being that anything that goes against the belief that all is rosy within the EU is not correct.

Think Tanks that have commented on various outcomes of Brexit or George Soros that has made various comments about Brexit have been utilised by various posters to argue as to why the UK was crazy to want to leave the EU but when you have the similar Think Tanks / Academics or certain Financiers offering a different perspective that the EU is not as stable as people would wish it to be certain posters either remain quiet or are dismissive.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Makes more sense now! 👍

Shane