Getting a bit silly now?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Getting a bit silly now?

Post by WHL »

Tusk has said he has wandered what kind of 'special' place in hell awaits those who promote Brexit. :shock:
Jimgward

Re: Getting a bit silly now?

Post by Jimgward »

No, he said for those who promoted Brexit, then dissapeared from working towards it....
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

WHL wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:31 pm Tusk has said he has wandered what kind of 'special' place in hell awaits those who promote Brexit. :shock:
"special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely".

Does it make it any better when shown in context??

Cheers

Steve
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Steve

it doesnt, but these people have promoted a massive change for the populace and then walked away from responsibility. Or, like Boris, even continued to lie in parliament, even when warned he was in breach......
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Watch the video here and you can all decide between yourselves as to what Tusk actually said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47143135
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I quite liked Nigel Farage's response.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
mikesjn

Post by mikesjn »

I thought he was a senior diplomat, whatever the title, for a block representing 28 nations. Is Trumpism a contagious disease?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This made me laugh on Twitter:

Upset Leave MPs, get your revenge and prove Tusk wrong by simply posting your original detailed referendum plans online to show how you aren't all charlatans without a clue, driving an entire country to destruction in the hope of profiting from the hell you create.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

😃🤣 Haha, nice one!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Arrogance must be your favourite word Hudswell, I would say he is more frustrated with the antics of your fellow Brexiteers.
I take it you've not heard some of the nasty and embarrassing comments made by Farage (your fellow Brexiteer) has made about the EU Commission and MEPs because I'm sure you would be very very critical of him as well or is it only a one way street as far as you're concerned?
Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell
You're more sensitive than Peter Bone; it's a good job you didn't work in the construction industry.;-)

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

They are held to account more than our lot are. You go on about Democracy but you can be an abject failure and be voted out by the populace only to be parachuted into a nice safe seat in another Ward if you're one of the blue eyes; Boris springs to mind.
You tend to forget that Brexit is affecting another 400 million people as well as 60 million Brits but at least they have stuck to their principles unlike our worthless leaders and I use the term leaders loosely.
It is our MPs who have rejected the deal, not them which is something you conveniently forget and if there is a no deal Brexit it is totally the responsibility of this government.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Oh dear, Tusk's jibes haven't worked, now they (the EU) have got another nasty piece of work, Guy Verhofstadt, to have a go at/try to scare us.

Well bring it on, if name calling is the best they can do, childish school playground stuff, it shows we will be well out of that club.

Rise above it Britain.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell
If I don't like what?
I think there's more chance of you voting for Corbyn than the likes of Poland, Hungary or Italy leaving the EU; they know which side their breads buttered.
Some may want an EU Federal State, so what; a number of people want the UK to be a republic but it's not going to happen any time soon or ever just like the EU Federation.
As I keep saying and you keep ignoring, a deal has been made and it's the British parliament who have rejected it, not the EU but you just don't appear to understand this.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell
You will not get consensus in parliament, there are too many factions in the Tory Party never mind all the others. You are blaming the EU because parliament can't agree on anything and even if you put the deal to the people the same problems would occur.
There is no Federal State; there's more chance of being extradited to the USA than there is to the EU. As I've said before and will keep saying, the ordinary man and women has benefited more from EU legislation than they ever have from any of the major parties in the UK but if you prefer being a Serf to the rich and titled of the UK that's your prerogative because they will start chipping away at our rights as soon as they get the opportunity.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Off the same old chestnut tree you use.

Jim