Trump's Wall!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
ApusApus

Trump's Wall!

Post by ApusApus »

Is this going to be the wall that Trump can't climb? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46772724

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Trump's Wall!

Post by Dominic »

And why do you ask, Termites Dream? Are you for or against the wall.

Personally I am against it. It makes no sense. If you actually look at illegal immigrant figures, they are steadily decreasing year on year in the US. The wall is a smokescreen to keep people occupied and less interested in other matters.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My Dad used to work on the maintenance at Ashworth Hospital which was where Ian Brady and the like were held. That place had a wall around it which when built the story goes the authorities brought in the RM Commando to see if they could get over it; it was found fit for purpose.
As for Trumps wall, I believe they have to do something to prevent drug and gun running though it appears most of that sort of stuff comes under the border.
I was reading an article about the Canadian USA border and the problem seems to be the number of people crossing into Canada and claiming asylum. Worth a read as there are still disputed areas and islands and some areas of the USA or a inside Canada.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:15 pm And why do you ask, Termites Dream? Are you for or against the wall.

Personally I am against it. It makes no sense. If you actually look at illegal immigrant figures, they are steadily decreasing year on year in the US. The wall is a smokescreen to keep people occupied and less interested in other matters.
Like the few immigrants coming in to Dover on inflatables - a reasonable deflection for food banks, homelessness and Universal Credit..... it has occupied the news for over a week....
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Drugs are a huge red herring in this debate. The vast majority of them are smuggled through legal entry points.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

TRump has spent today denying ever saying the Mexicans would pay for the wall..... lying as usual...
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

The only national emergency in the US that needs dealing with at present is Trump and his constant and repeated lies.

He's filled the swamp - not drained it! He never divested his business interests and indeed profits from them. He still won't release his tax returns and therefore clearly has something to hide. Anyone that needs to repeatedly tell people how smart they are (whilst proving repeatedly otherwise) is not only insecure but also dangerous.

Personally i'm not sure what's worse - Trump himself or the fact that he still has voters that support this embarrassment of a President.

Other than that (and loads of other things) I think he's smashing ;-)

Cheers

Steve
WHL

Post by WHL »

What saddens me is, its the year 2019, and the best politicians can come up with, is build a wall.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

“The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot...”

https://apple.news/A665P9wEGRqqECEMGpQxIPw

A.
WHL

Post by WHL »

With millions of Americans without even basic health care, spending billions on a wall, is just beyond believe.