May to delay Brexit vote?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: May to delay Brexit vote?

Post by Jimgward »

TransAM, this fallacy that another vote would break democracy.... honestly.... it wasn’t a take it or leave it, no questions asked, lets dive in head first and face ANY consequence....

Democracy is about the RIGHT to choose - and this can be more than once and can be a change of mind....

Being from Newcastle, the North east is likely to one of the most severely affected with a no-deal brexit - affecting employment in the car industry and more...
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgward,
But wasn't it the North East that was one of the heartlands of Brexit.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

jimgward

You obviously want to remain where as I want to leave and no amount of discussion or argument with you will change that.
You obviously fear the consequences of leaving
I do not – I say lets just get out – suffer the blows no matter what they are and get on with life without the parasites
If I was to lose 50% of my income over the next few years it will be well worth it to get away from those thieving parasites

You should have a look here https://paycheck.in/salary/salarycheckers/donald-tusk

This parasite has over 300,000 euros in perks never mind his 240,000 euro salary
He is basically a town council representative that was appointed leader and there are loads of them just have meetings and soaking up the money – Great life if you can get it.

No single individual knows what the true situation will be when we are out as it is all speculation and scaremongering by those who have the most to lose mainly politicians in high paid jobs and as you said earlier the newspapers and media love stirring it.

I believe we will be alright in the end and I am prepared to lose at first in order to win for our kids and grandkids – Thatcher has a lot to answer for .

Varky – you are right – we fear nothing – just get on with it.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Having watched the debate on BBC Parliament, I was disgusted. Every speaker was coming at the problem from their own point of view and quoting facts that were immediately contradicted by the next speaker. The result of the referendum, whether you like it or not was pushed to one side. Gone are the days of real politics. I would not be surprised if more brexit voters would now vote remain. It's over 2 years since the referendum and what visible progress in reaching a 'divorce' settlement has been reached. I must congratulate May and the other MP and business Remainers, they have suffocated the life out of Brexit. If I were a mouse being suffocated by a boa constrictor I would agree to anything (Bremain) to escape the clutches of a snake.

As an aside if we now were to vote Bremain, we would be the laughing stock of Europe. No-one would take us seriously any more. This is where our politicians have steered us. A shabby lot!
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Laughable Jimgward, yes democracy is about the right to choose but how many times does one need to choose ……………… seems like many until you get the result you want? And what does your quote "being from Newcastle" say, apart from the fact that you have a total disrespect for the people that don't agree with your views?

Shane
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Apus apus

Well said Shane – This is why I have stopped the discussion with jimgward as I will never be able to get my opinion over to anyone who has no respect for another’s views – which was apparent straight away.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

ApusApus wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:04 pm
And what does your quote "being from Newcastle" say, apart from the fact that you have a total disrespect for the people that don't agree with your views?

Shane
Try actually reading Jim's post before asking such a silly question. He explained what he meant in the same sentence. Nothing to do with disrespect, just that the industry there will be badly affected.

Being from Newcastle, the North east is likely to one of the most severely affected with a no-deal brexit - affecting employment in the car industry and more...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Varky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 pm Having watched the debate on BBC Parliament, I was disgusted. Every speaker was coming at the problem from their own point of view and quoting facts that were immediately contradicted by the next speaker. The result of the referendum, whether you like it or not was pushed to one side. Gone are the days of real politics. I would not be surprised if more brexit voters would now vote remain. It's over 2 years since the referendum and what visible progress in reaching a 'divorce' settlement has been reached. I must congratulate May and the other MP and business Remainers, they have suffocated the life out of Brexit. If I were a mouse being suffocated by a boa constrictor I would agree to anything (Bremain) to escape the clutches of a snake.

As an aside if we now were to vote Bremain, we would be the laughing stock of Europe. No-one would take us seriously any more. This is where our politicians have steered us. A shabby lot!
Do you think they take us seriously now?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I didn't think anyone believed that one about straight bananas but you live and learn.

Jim
jeba

Post by jeba »

71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 pmIf I was to lose 50% of my income over the next few years it will be well worth it to get away from those thieving parasites

You should have a look here https://paycheck.in/salary/salarycheckers/donald-tusk

This parasite has over 300,000 euros in perks never mind his 240,000 euro salary
Quite humble when compared to the millions BBC´s radio moderators are getting, isn´t it?
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44779292
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They are not 'radio moderators'. But TV Stars..
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Gary Lineker? Says he's a Broadcaster on Wikipedia.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

TransAm - your choice as to whether you reply to me or not - I won't have my life affected by that, but I will by Brexit (In my opinion of course) to the point where my Job, my Pension, my lifestyle, my income, my movements and more are affected - as well as that of my kids and grandkids....

I'm not prepared nor will accept a 50% reduction - you must be a rich man.

I suspect you don't want to come back at me, as I've pointed out coherent answers to your points.

As Dominica rightly said, I was NOT in the slightest disrespecting Newcastle.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

And this is just the beginning.....
Even if TM can come back after her next meeting in Brussels to get another "best deal" which apparently is what the current deal is supposed to be, what's going to be the outcome once the remaining 27 member countries get around the table?
I can't see anything good coming out of this - it's just getting weaker by the minute.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
tonee

Post by tonee »

Just looked that poll up by the Independent which HIC entered on here.Massive headlines but how many people were polled?...………….. 1,500.Wow,now that really represents the millions and millions of voters in the UK doesn't it?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Nobody does very large polls - too expensive - normally if done by a reputable firm, then it's close to accuracy - however, no guarantees
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Jimgward
Pointless discussing the Brexit situation with yourself – Do not try to impose or imply to me that your view’s are the only views that count.
You said --- “as I've pointed out coherent answers to your points.”

I very much doubt that you could point out the moon to me in the sky – Who do you think you are to point out anything – Do not try to be patronising with me – Others may put up with this but I will not – Its very easy to be patronising behind a keyboard.
If you would like to be patronising in person I am three hours away from you and I enjoy driving.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

tonee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm Just looked that poll up by the Independent which HIC entered on here.Massive headlines but how many people were polled?...………….. 1,500.Wow,now that really represents the millions and millions of voters in the UK doesn't it?
I just thought "so what?" when I saw that anyway.

If 48:52 is uncomfortably close, surely 52:48 is equally uncomfortable.

The fact is, half the country, more or less, want it, half don't.

That is the problem.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

71 Trans Am wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm Jimgward
Pointless discussing the Brexit situation with yourself – Do not try to impose or imply to me that your view’s are the only views that count.
You said --- “as I've pointed out coherent answers to your points.”

I very much doubt that you could point out the moon to me in the sky – Who do you think you are to point out anything – Do not try to be patronising with me – Others may put up with this but I will not – Its very easy to be patronising behind a keyboard.
If you would like to be patronising in person I am three hours away from you and I enjoy driving.
Any more nonsense like that and you are out.
Varky

Post by Varky »

TM said there is not going to be a General Election up to the point that she announced the General Election. TM said that the present deal is the only/best deal there is. Where is she now.....in various European capitals trying to get a better deal. So she obviously thinks that there is a better deal somewhere out there. TM said the Commons vote on the 'best' deal would not be pulled up until the moment she pulled it half an hour after having said it would not.
Obviously she doesn't know her a**e from her elbow. She is not fit for purpose. Her prevaricating has got us to where we are now.

Some will say 'who else is there?' Well definitely not Amber Rudderless or that buffoon Boris the Menace but what's wrong with Dominic Raab.

Having said all that and taking into account the EU now saying that the 'best' deal cannot be re-negotiated then fasten your seatbelts, a No deal exit here we come!